Help with identification please

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Red37

Help with identification please

Post by Red37 »

I’m purchased this recently because I’ve always like Murphy WW2 knives but haven’t been able to get my hands on one at a reasonable price. I believe it was Frank Barteaux knife based on the stamp but I haven’t run into this particular stamp on one of his knives before. It may possibly a newer model?? If anyone has specifics on this one I would appreciate it. Thank you
Attachments
F58DA7C7-126B-42A4-B8F8-97255807197A.jpeg
E491279A-FD5F-454E-BCA5-4ABD73E37956.jpeg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help with identification please

Post by btrwtr »

Frank Barteaux knives were somewhat patterned after Dave Muphy's knives. Barteaux would hang around Murphy's shop and pick up scrap pieces of metal to use to make his knives as well as copy Murphy's designs. Many of his knives were unmarked. Bareaux knives are somewhat obscure but still collectible.

See this thread https://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_ ... hp?t=57461
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Red37

Re: Help with identification please

Post by Red37 »

Thank you. I also saw that post it was helpful but didn’t show many Barteaux handle stamps. I have had his machetes before but never a knife. I’d there anyone who knows how to date his work. I’ve seen a few knives stamped just z Barteaux but mine says Barteaux USA I’m guessing a newer stamp possibly. I don’t know how long the family made knives I’ve seen reference to machetes being made into the late 90s but no information about knives at all.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”