Unknown Knife?

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Markymark

Unknown Knife?

Post by Markymark »

Hi, I came across this knife and wondered if anyone can give me any info on it regarding its age etc? I'm in the UK and wondered if it was legal to own/sell?
Thanks
Attachments
20200113_175405.jpg
20200113_175412.jpg
20200113_175419.jpg
20200113_175349.jpg
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Unknown Knife?

Post by Jeffinn »

It looks like this one from another website:
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/origin ... 6563907653
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Sorry, I can't help any with the knife.
But welcome to AAPK!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Froe

Post by Froe »

A Fallschirmjäger Flieger-Kappmesser! There were different models over the course of WW2. Seems like I recall reading that the early ones could not be disassembled for repair or cleaning, later models fixed that. Look it over to find the military proof marks stamped on it. Should look like an eagle.
Google will tell you all about it. Illegal to carry darn near everywhere.
Nice piece of history.
Keith
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I wouldn't want to be caught with it on the UK! It's probably worth a good chunk of change to the right collector if it works properly. If it has any military markings on it it could be worth quite a bit more!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That is a gorgeous piece of WWII history, previous posts are dead-on. Yours, the take-down version, is Second generation but highly sought after. Looks like no broken springs for the trigger or spike, great find! ::tu:: ::tu::

Probably not UK legal in working condition . . .

More info here- https://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_ ... hp?t=61439
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I don't even think they are technically legal to own in the UK. But, if you're a collector, I think they give leeway. I'm in the same boat in VA. I have a Colonial Shur-Snap from the early '50s which I occasionally carry around the house, and occasionally, the barnyard, but not in public. Law enforcement in my area do not really mind, but it's too risky in my mind. Autos nearly got legalized in VA, but the governor vetoed the bill. In the UK, they are not lenient at all.

What a nice find! I have seen worse ones, and they wanted stupid high money.
nif6969

Post by nif6969 »

Hi theres no point in me telling you what it is thats already been pointed out.but as far as the law on these in the uk well its a strange one.they are technology illegal but ive seen many sell in auction rooms here in the uk over the years.best thing to do if you want more info is to tap into google ww2 gravity knife uk law scroll down and theres a pdf titled offensive weapons bill submission.this will tell all you need to know about this knife in the uk hope this helps.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”