Japanes Arisaka Bayonet

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
woodwalker

Japanes Arisaka Bayonet

Post by woodwalker »

Just received this bayonet as a gift. Happy to have it. Thanks for looking. Anyone know about the markings?
Attachments
20180921_134147.jpg
20180921_134139.jpg
20180921_134126.jpg
zzyzzogeton

Re: Japanes Arisaka Bayonet

Post by zzyzzogeton »

The lower/left symbol (4 circles) indicates that the bayonet came from/through the Kokura Arsenal (1936 - 1945).

The hourglass like symbol indicates the bayonet was actually made by an unknown subcontractor for the Kokura Arsenal.

There is one unknown arsenal symbol and 2 unknown subcontractor symbols for the Arisaka bayonets. Not that the Japanese were really trying to hide the manufacturers, but a lot of records were lost during the massive bombings of factories, bomb fire storms and possibly records destruction after surrender.
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

zzyzzogeton wrote:The lower/left symbol (4 circles) indicates that the bayonet came from/through the Kokura Arsenal (1936 - 1945).

The hourglass like symbol indicates the bayonet was actually made by an unknown subcontractor for the Kokura Arsenal.

There is one unknown arsenal symbol and 2 unknown subcontractor symbols for the Arisaka bayonets. Not that the Japanese were really trying to hide the manufacturers, but a lot of records were lost during the massive bombings of factories, bomb fire storms and possibly records destruction after surrender.
Thank you sir for the information!! Glad to have it although I normally collect pocket knives. I do have some Ww2 Pal fixed blades so it's nice to have this one. Again appreciate your knowledge and info! It's a big one!! :)
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

woodwalker wrote:Just received this bayonet as a gift. Happy to have it. Thanks for looking. Anyone know about the markings?
That is awesome woodwalker.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Something beautiful and yet brutal about bayonets. I will have to dig mine out and get a picture. ::tu::
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Landersknives wrote:
woodwalker wrote:Just received this bayonet as a gift. Happy to have it. Thanks for looking. Anyone know about the markings?
That is awesome woodwalker.
Thanks Ed!! :)
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

doglegg wrote:Something beautiful and yet brutal about bayonets. I will have to dig mine out and get a picture. ::tu::
Please do Doglegg!! Boy I would have hated having someone come at me with that thing. It was brutal.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”