Two months ago..

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
asigarza

Two months ago..

Post by asigarza »

.. I joined to this group..asking for marlin spike knives.
Someone started to ask me about knives of gauchos and we began to chat about that topic
as a result of these talks we proposed an exchange, a marlin spike knife for a gaucho knife ... Thank you deo-pa for these marlin spike knives ... I hope that the knives that I send you are of your liking
Attachments
owen.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Two months ago..

Post by doglegg »

asigarza wrote:.. I joined to this group..asking for marlin spike knives.
Someone started to ask me about knives of gauchos and we began to chat about that topic
as a result of these talks we proposed an exchange, a marlin spike knife for a gaucho knife ... Thank you deo-pa for these marlin spike knives ... I hope that the knives that I send you are of your liking
Really good looking knives. Is customs a problem there?
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Santiago,

I'm glad you like the knives. I don't really collect marlin spike knives so I decided to send two just for fun. I was not expecting to receive two in return but I see from yesterday's PM you are sending me two also. Thank you! ::handshake:: (Though I think I'm getting the better end of this exchange. :D ). Here is the link to the earlier postings from Santiago and his discussion of gaucho knives: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=55451.

Doglegg asks if custom are a problem in Argentina. I'm not sure on Santiago's end but here is what I found in the U.S. When I filled out the USPS customs form and took the package to the post office the clerk went to a reference poster she had posted nearby and said that I could not send a knife to a private citizen in Argentina, only to a commercial company. So I returned home and created a new label, using Santiago's last name and my crude Spanish to create a label for the "Igarza Cutlery Company." I guess it worked. ::tu::

Now the question is what the custom's issue are on the U.S. end? Will I receive Santiago's knives or will the U.S. government decide they are dangerous weapons with the potential to create widespread havoc. I'll keep you all posted.

Dennis
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

deo-pa wrote:Santiago,

I'm glad you like the knives. I don't really collect marlin spike knives so I decided to send two just for fun. I was not expecting to receive two in return but I see from yesterday's PM you are sending me two also. Thank you! ::handshake:: (Though I think I'm getting the better end of this exchange. :D ).

Doglegg asks if custom are a problem in Argentina. I'm not sure on Santiago's end but here is what I found in the U.S. When I filled out the USPS customs form and took the package to the post office the clerk went to a reference poster she had posted nearby and said that I could not send a knife to a private citizen in Argentina, only to a commercial company. So I returned home and created a new label, using Santiago's last name and my crude Spanish to create a label for the "Igarza Cutlery Company." I guess it worked. ::tu::

Now the question is what the custom's issue are on the U.S. end? Will I receive Santiago's knives or will the U.S. government decide they are dangerous weapons with the potential to create widespread havoc. I'll keep you all posted.

Dennis
I 've lived in both Peru and Costa Rica in years past and when you got a package it was always an adventure. Sometimes expensive stuff came through with out a hitch and sometimes cheap stuff was charged a kings ransom. I have not had the same experience here.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Looks like a good deal for everyone. ::tu::

Deo-pa, you should be good to go. I've had knives, axes and swords from 15" to 40" come in from Asia, Europe and South America with no hassle with customs. It's the sending out that has issues due to receiving countries laws.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”