From Argentina

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Eustace

Re: From Argentina

Post by Eustace »

Santiago, this is great! I just didn't know where is the bad news. :D For me, this is the most interesting part of collecting - the identification and history of the knife.
The knife is about 340 mm long. I can't say with absolute precision because a few millimeters from the top is broken. Handle 110 mm, 230 mm blade. Blade thickness 1.5 mm. Width in the widest part 40 mm. Full Tang. The grind starts at about 5 mm from the cutting edge. At the top of the blade there is a false edge, starting at about 60 mm from the end. The wood of the handle is slightly wider than the metal part of the handle.The wood looks like bamboo, but I may be wrong. The rivets have bronze pads. In my opinion, the steel is high-carbon, good heat treatment and high hardness.

Thank you, Santiago!
Attachments
IMG_5163.JPG
IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5178.JPG
IMG_5180.JPG
IMG_5185.JPG
IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5187.JPG
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Here are some of my knives from south of the border. While the barbeque set and knife and fork pairs are from Argentina I believe the facons and verijeros are from Brasil.
Attachments
ArgentineBBQSet 001.jpg
ArgentineBBQSet 002.jpg
ArgentineEatingSet1.JPG
ArgentineEatingSet2.JPG
Facons&Verijeros2018 001.jpg
Facons&Verijeros2018 002.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Here are some of my knives from south of the border.
Very nice examples. What metal are the handles?

Dennis
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

deo-pa wrote:
Here are some of my knives from south of the border.
Very nice examples. What metal are the handles?

Dennis
They are silver plated but I am not sure what the base metal is. I doubt they are solid silver as there are no hallmarks.Four of the smaller ones came in their original boxes from e-Bay. I won one of them at auction and the seller said she would sell me the others for the same price.If I recall correctly I paid $15 apiece for them.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
asigarza

Post by asigarza »

Hi
The barbeque and knife/fork sets área from Argentina. The other are from south Brazil.
The handles looks línea nickelsilver but I'm nota sure. I will ask to a friend about ir
Nice knives

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”