Mk2 USN Camillus

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
CheckSix

Mk2 USN Camillus

Post by CheckSix »

Picked this one up at the Great Lakes Knife Show yesterday... It's in pretty nice shape. The sheath has PT234 scribed in it. That PT boat saw action from 1943-1945, mostly in the Philippine Islands. The bored sailor tied a nice lanyard onto the sheath.
Attachments
DSC_8757.JPG
DSC_8759.JPG
DSC_8760.JPG
PT-234-741x556.jpg
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mk2 USN Camillus

Post by edge213 »

That one is really cool!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

It really is! I added the picture of the PT-234 Higgins boat I found last night. I was reading up on their combat record. It's really fascinating when you can tie an artifact (this knife) to a particular time and place. In my mind, that's what makes it really cool!
NRA Life/Endowment
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Yessir makes it even better.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Beautiful!!!!!!!!! What would be great is if you could nail down whose knife it belonged to. I love the stories that go with knives as much as the knives themselves.
I have a couple of military knives that have names and/or numbers on them and have never tried to track down the owners.Sounds like another project lol
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

knife7knut wrote:Beautiful!!!!!!!!! What would be great is if you could nail down whose knife it belonged to. I love the stories that go with knives as much as the knives themselves.
I have a couple of military knives that have names and/or numbers on them and have never tried to track down the owners.Sounds like another project lol
Absolutely! That would be great! I haven't been able to find the crew lists for that boat yet. I'll keep looking though.
NRA Life/Endowment

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”