Hitler Youth Knife (HJ)

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Hitler Youth Knife (HJ)

Post by terryl308 »

I have this old ww11 hitler youth knife that I am thinking about selling and contacted Wittmann Antique Militaria (WAM) about a possible purchase, My question is does anyone know anything about these people, they have a web site and seem to know quite a little about youth knives. Some of them are worth quite a little money. Mine is a Boker made knife and was made between 1935-37 according to their page. It has the Blut und Ehre! etching on the blade and those are the years they put that on.I'll send along some photo's, ::shrug:: Terry
Attachments
DSC_0046.JPG
DSC_0047.JPG
DSC_0048.JPG
DSC_0055.JPG
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Hitler Youth Knife (HJ)

Post by terryl308 »

terryl308 wrote:I have this old ww11 hitler youth knife that I am thinking about selling and contacted Wittmann Antique Militaria (WAM) about a possible purchase, My question is does anyone know anything about these people, they have a web site and seem to know quite a little about youth knives. Some of them are worth quite a little money. Mine is a Boker made knife and was made between 1935-37 according to their page. It has the Blut und Ehre! etching on the blade and those are the years they put that on.I'll send along some photo's, ::shrug:: Terry
Got a nice response from Wittmann, my knife not good enough condition for his collectors so no sale. ::shrug:: TErry
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Fussy people ! Knife & sheath are all present, i.e. full blade, no handle chips missing etc. Just has a good patina.
I think it is an excellent example. Are my standards too low ?
kj
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

KJ, I don't think your standards are too low, just dealing with a bunch of people that want things like they left the factory I guess. I would rather have a knife with some honest wear and that proves it was actually issued 80 years ago. I wish I could have talked to the gentleman that brought it back to get a little more history of the knife. If you look on his web site, he has a lot of HJ knives that are "unused", which is nice but I would still sooner have one that shows it is 80+ years old. He has some that he is asking $1300 for, we never got around to a price for mine but I probably would have accepted $350. Thanks for the comments, Terry ::handshake::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Terry, do you have a German Boy Scout fixed blade knife ? If so i would like to see it along side this Hitler Youth Knife. If i am recalling correctly they are somewhat similar.
kj
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

KJ, sorry no boy scout knife, but I believe you are correct, they are similar. If I remember , they didn't have the enamel swastika. could be wrong though. Terry ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Terry. What is the length of your knife ?
kj
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

kootenay joe wrote:Thanks Terry. What is the length of your knife ?
kj
9 7/8" overall including the sheath, blade is 5 1/2", handle and guard is 4 1/8"

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”