U.S & German World War I & II Military Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
AC Man

Re: U.S & German World War I & II Military Knives

Post by AC Man »

Ok, how is my question ? I didn’t get it thinking it was real but am curious on possibly it origin and why as some thought definitely went into making it. The D.R.P to me was an interesting add on a fake? No
Thx
AC
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Posted this in the General Discussion forum and figured it would go here as well. A Robeson Shuredge Mk2 with original sheath. The blade is full and unfortunately some idiot decided a grinder was the way to sharpen it. Luckily the grind marks aren't too deep and are slowly being removed with the help of 220 grit wet-or-dry paper and Marvel Mystery Oil.I didn't have a Robeson in my accumulation and this one makes a nice addition;especially since it was only $10.
EDIT: Upon trying to do some research I am now questioning whether this knife is in fact a military item.Although it has all the appearance of a Mk2 the blade length is only 6 inches and I thought the Mk2's blades were at least 7 inches. It is stamped USA and not USN or USMC. Any thoughts on this? I'm not really well versed in military items.
Attachments
RobesonShuredgeMkIIwithSheath-$10 001.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
EWMailman

Post by EWMailman »

Some items that were in an estate auction I recently conducted. Thought some of you may enjoy seeing them.
Attachments
DSC08893.JPG
DSC08889.JPG
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice SA Dagger and bayonet with frog/hanger. There's a missing shield on the dagger but from your picture it looks authentic. Lots of reproductions of this knife out there, both new and old.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
EWMailman

Post by EWMailman »

They were brought back from Europe after the war by the deceased person. He had a lot of other really interesting war related items that provided an opportunity to learn some new things.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

EWMailman :
You could do your knifing community a heck of a favor by letting it be known what the military knives at your auction sold for. There is such a fluctuation between real prices and those suggested by books and the net that determining what to list at is getting tougher by the week. If for some reason you decide not to show them that is okay also.
Thank you and God Bless,
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
EWMailman

Post by EWMailman »

Mossdancer: Being somewhat new ( 8 mo. ) to AAPK, I am not certain of when I may be and do not want to be guilty of crossing the bounds of propriety regarding content of posts. Since you asked, I will be more than happy to share that information.

*SA Dagger missing shield and button---$350.00

*K98 Bayonet and scabbard with matching serial numbers---$130.00

Hope this is helpful
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

Thanks: A bit low on the mauser Imo, The extras should have brought it up. Good price on the Dagger.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Received this German WW2 pocket knife today. :D
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Sonny-buck

Post by Sonny-buck »

This one brought back by my Dad from WWII. No sheath. The empty diamond shaped hole in the handle once held a red inset with a black swastkia. It fell out and was lost probably 50 years ago, dadgum it. 5” blade, total length 9”. Very well made. Can anybody point me to info on this model?
95F52A32-F5C9-4B87-A2D5-F1F0B614947E.jpeg
DD1ED693-4388-483A-AE21-DFDEBD87BD89.jpeg
Attachments
DAAB0508-E529-4BD3-B146-2B11916E22A6.jpeg
65B50E74-7389-46F4-AB67-F8309460B6F1.jpeg
9A39C81B-6A88-456C-84B4-96698767E15C.jpeg
youngrik29

Post by youngrik29 »

Sonny-buck wrote:This one brought back by my Dad from WWII. No sheath. The empty diamond shaped hole in the handle once held a red inset with a black swastkia. It fell out and was lost probably 50 years ago, dadgum it. 5” blade, total length 9”. Very well made. Can anybody point me to info on this model?
That is a Hitler Youth Knife. Below is a link to a site that I always find to be helpful for identification of military items of all nations (i.e., does not endorse or promote any ideology):

"The following markings were often found on the HJ weapons, especially the HJ Fuhrer daggers. They generally appeared above the RZM marking or the maker's mark with the RZM number below. They were indicative of the HJ Group Command in which the weapon was issued."

MilitaryItems.com
http://quanonline.com/military/military ... marks.html
Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

Here is a Nicholes knife I owned for a short time. Was made during WW 2 but the man is it made for was in West Point and graduated after the war. Thus it does not have service number on it.
F999CD05-CD6A-4F0E-B740-B48FCF2420A5.jpeg
C8ACE672-8A22-4809-BD9F-D23CCDCD2E8C.jpeg
FCC3122E-F0E1-4D2E-82EA-2402ECBC8A66.jpeg
You can always get more money, good old knives are hard to find.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That Indian Head nickel pommel cap is very cool, thanks for posting this knife.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”