Some interesting pieces...

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Gunstock Jack

Some interesting pieces...

Post by Gunstock Jack »

These are all framed together but I have no idea if they are from the same area of the US or what their history might be. The first is obviously a Folsom point, but it doesn't have the flutes common to that type of point; it is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in length. The first thunderbird is about 4+ inches and the second about 6+ in. The next two points are maybe 1 to 1 1/2 in. and the large spear is approximately 6+ inches. (AA batteries are close to 2 inches in length) Are these authentic? Can anyone shed any light on these items?
Attachments
IMG_2552.JPG
IMG_2553.JPG
IMG_2554.JPG
IMG_2555.JPG
IMG_2556.JPG
IMG_2557.JPG
IMG_2551.JPG
tjmurphy

Re: Some interesting pieces...

Post by tjmurphy »

Those are really cool Barry. Got to be careful though, there are knappers (is that what they are called?) today making really great repros. Watched a guy down in Estill County, Ky. chip out a point in about 15 minutes.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
ouhunter

Re: Some interesting pieces...

Post by ouhunter »

Hi Barry, I have collected points for many years but only in the Southeastern Oklahoma area and in my honest opinion I would say they have been knapped by someone post 1900's to modern. But I'm no expert by any means ::shrug:: I have seen many Indian artifacts and most that looks like the ones pictured are reproduced. Many people were taught point knapping by the Native Indians years ago. I know the Indians would use the most perfect points or artifact as gifts, trading pieces, so they could be true pieces ::tu:: . I do know one thing they are some Awesome pieces you have there!! ::ds:: ::ds:: Someone took some time to make those beautiful pieces ::nod:: I'll look around and see if I can find some info about them for ya ::tu::

Thank you for share those pix ::tu::

Terry
Lose you temper and you lose a friend, lie and you lose yourself!
Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian
ouhunter

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”