Hewing Hatchet

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
rarefish383

Hewing Hatchet

Post by rarefish383 »

Picked up this nice little True Temper Hewing Hatchet at an auction today. Original handle, single bevel blade, never sharpened and no dings on the poll, Joe.
Attachments
20180220_143835.jpg
XX Case XX

Re: Hewing Hatchet

Post by XX Case XX »

That's a nice one. Bet you got it at a good price too. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
rarefish383

Post by rarefish383 »

XX Case XX wrote:That's a nice one. Bet you got it at a good price too. ::tu::

Actually I screwed up. It was on a table with about 15 items The auctioneer sold a couple big things then said every thing on the table, high bid gets choice. There was a small rotating angle vice on the table too. I had high bid at $22.50 and took the hatchet. No one else wanted the hatchet, I should have taken the vice and let them rebid. After the vice a couple things sold for $5 then the rest of the table went for $1. I could have used the vice, should have taken it first, Oh well, Joe.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

rarefish383 wrote:. I could have used the vice, should have taken it first, Oh well, Joe.
Hey we've all been there Joe. I missed a brand new GEC last week by $1.00. Ya that's right, one dollar. It sold for about $30 less than it originally did so that would have been a really good deal, but I missed it.

Stuff like that is constantly coming and going. I'm sure another vice will come up eventually. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
rarefish383

Post by rarefish383 »

This thing just looked older than it is. I was leery with the style of the True Temper logo on the handle. The barn it was in was dark enough I didn't even see the "wear eye protection" warning on the other side. I don't buy anything with safety warnings, ratz.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”