Double Bit Double Branded Axe C.M. McClung/True Temper

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
mountainad82

Double Bit Double Branded Axe C.M. McClung/True Temper

Post by mountainad82 »

Bought this nice double bit axe recently. It is marked C.M. McClung Knoxville, TN on one side and True Temper Flint Edge Kelly Works on the other side. I am not an axe collector, so are double branded axes like this one common?

-Adam
Attachments
IMG_5119.JPG
IMG_5129.JPG
IMG_5126.JPG
IMG_5128.JPG
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Double Bit Double Branded Axe C.M. McClung/True Temper

Post by Old Folder »

mountainad82 wrote:Bought this nice double bit axe recently. It is marked C.M. McClung Knoxville, TN on one side and True Temper Flint Edge Kelly Works on the other side. I am not an axe collector, so are double branded axes like this one common?

-Adam
Welcome to AAPK Adam.

We have a few Axe knowledgeable people here in aapk Adam, (I am not one of them). The first one that comes to my mind is Scott "TripleF"
Back in February, Judge "Quick Steel" sentenced me to 5 years in Attica State Prison because I was caught carrying a 3" bladed pocket knife in California. :x
Scott "TripleF" mustered up his boys, broke out his axes and rescued me. (Long story, you would have to had seen the original post)
Hopefully Scott or someone will jump in here soon to answer your question.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice score pal!!!

ebay makes them more common, actually makes everything more common, but I'd say yours is rarer because of the numerous stamps!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
mountainad82

Post by mountainad82 »

Thanks TripleF! I tend to accumulate McClung items (I live near Knoxville). Most McClung axes I have seen are simply marked "C.M. McClung Knoxville, TN". This is the first one I have encountered that is also marked by the manufacturer.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”