My "Night Watchman" Sword Cane arrived yesterday.

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Captain O

My "Night Watchman" Sword Cane arrived yesterday.

Post by Captain O »

For $94.99 delivered to my door, this was a nice "bit of kit". I immediately went to a local mandrel bending shop and had them bob of about 5 inches of the aircraft aluminum scabbard/shaft and replaced the hard-rubber cane tip with an "Essential" brand Walker/Commode tip purchased at my local Walgreens (4 for $6.79).

The 25" SK5 (Chinese 1080 High Carbon, Chrome Vanadium) blade has a false edge. This is okay because the full cutting edge on the bayonet blade holds a great edge. I have watched Youtube videos of a man that had been cutting 1 1/2- 2" blackberry vines with one. I didn't appear to suffer any ill effects. ::tu::

As a cane, it works well. The hard, gray styrofoam center buffer prevents the blade from battering itself dull against the inside of the cane. Everything is tight, and it doesn't telegraph the fact that it, in fact, conceals a sword. I coated the blade with some WD-40 so that it wouldn't readily corrode. Soon I will invest in some Break Free CLP to prevent any corrosion from taking place. ::pray::

I know that some feel that this is but a "wall-hanger" but it can, and will, serve my purposes.
deltaboy

Re: My "Night Watchman" Sword Cane arrived yesterday.

Post by deltaboy »

Cool cane!
Keep Near the Cross.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”