Mainline Forge tomahawks

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
tongueriver

Mainline Forge tomahawks

Post by tongueriver »

This fellow makes very nice hawks. That may be an understatement.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/mainlineforge/m ... 2749.l2654
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Mainline Forge tomahawks

Post by Quick Steel »

tongueriver: Unfortunately no items were being shown by the time I used the link a minute ago. I'll try again at some point.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mainline Forge tomahawks

Post by jerryd6818 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IHwE5rWJ3g[/youtube]

One on eBay went for $178.
Found on Etsy;

"Mainline Steel Works

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A CUSTOM ORDER TOMAHAWK. I will try to replicate the photograph as much as possible. Please remember that they are all hand forged and I do not use molds, so no two hawks are alike. Please allow 2 weeks for the finishing of this product. I will send pictures of the process.
What you are purchasing is a Hand Forged Spike Tomahawk I made from a 24oz ball pein hammer. Handforged in Iowa, I hammer the ball pein into its shape.
It is then annealed to get rid of the stresses in the steel from being forged. Off to the belt grinder to give it the smooth finish and sharp edges, where I am very picky when it comes
to detail. The hawk is then differentially quenched to make it very hard, then tempered to remove the brittleness. A final sanding and sharpening and now the hawk is ready to be gun blued.
I choose gun bluing for the simple reason it's very easy to touch up. Just go to your local gun dealer and pick some up. Clean the hawk with rubbing alcohol, blue with a cotton ball, wash,
steel wool, and wax...that's it!!!! The handle is made from hickory which I sand, stain, and give three coats of tung oil. The hawk and handle are also coated with gun stock wax to help
protect it from moisture. Just like a gun, if it is not protected, it will rust.
Lastly, the Kydex sheath is wonderful to have when carrying your tomahawk. Kydex doesn't hold in moisture like leather and there are no strings to mess with.
The leather straps attach to your belt. This is designed to make the sheath flexible, which means it will not get in your way when walking or simply taking a seat.
The hold of sheath is a good amount of tension, it will hold the tomahawk securely while also allowing it to be deployed quickly."
Attachments
il_570xN_361343310_n9r7.jpg
il_570xN_359743492_ggka.jpg
il_570xN_359743504_100j.jpg
il_570xN_359743584_6i2x.jpg
il_570xN_359750179_ae7u.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”