Replacement for a small petty knife 150mm

A place to discuss sharp and pointy things from the kitchen.
Mercenary

Replacement for a small petty knife 150mm

Post by Mercenary »

Hi all!

I am an amateur chef, and I have a question for you regarding a small petty knife 150mm.

For several years I used JCK Natures Inazuma Series IN-1 Wa Petty 150mm.

Unfortunately, a lot happens in the kitchen with chaos ensuing and my knife probably ended up in the trash. I know, I know, heartbreak.

I was really happy with it, and so I have a question for you guys. Is there anything you can recommend within that price range?
FRJ

Re: Replacement for a small petty knife 150mm

Post by FRJ »

I have no idea what kind of knife you are referring to but it sounds expensive.
We all have our favorites.
Here is one of mine that might be called a petty at six inches and is a very handy French style knife for prep work.
These old used knives that are in reasonably good condition can be had for not too much money. And they're classic.
My recommendation.

Welcome to the forum.
Attachments
DSCN9203.JPG
Joe
Challenger007

Re: Replacement for a small petty knife 150mm

Post by Challenger007 »

Mercenary wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:55 am Hi all!

I am an amateur chef, and I have a question for you regarding a small petty knife 150mm.

For several years I used JCK Natures Inazuma Series IN-1 Wa Petty 150mm.

Unfortunately, a lot happens in the kitchen with chaos ensuing and my knife probably ended up in the trash. I know, I know, heartbreak.

I was really happy with it, and so I have a question for you guys. Is there anything you can recommend within that price range?
Hello. Look for something in Japanese steel. Many brands make knives from this steel, it is excellent, resistant to wear, and if you also choose a comfortable handle, it will generally be the best choice.

Return to “In The Kitchen”