Case XX 421 CP blade

A place to discuss sharp and pointy things from the kitchen.
woodwalker

Case XX 421 CP blade

Post by woodwalker »

My son in law found this old blade stuck in a disintegrating wood handle with electrician tape. I tried taking the electrician tape off the handle but the wood is just dust. I googled the knife and understand it's a Old Hickory series paring knife. Pretty cool stamp. Might have it rehandled or just stick it in my tackle box. Here is a picture of the blade. I will save you the heartburn of the handle. A gift from my son in law so I will keep the poor thing. Anyone have on of these? Or know anything about them? Thanks for looking.
Attachments
20191209_210403.jpg
20191209_210321.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case XX 421 CP blade

Post by 1967redrider »

I posted these two old Case butcher knives on the turkey carving thread. One could use a handle replacement and both remind me of Ontario/Old Hickory blades. Yours seems to be similar at least to the bottom knife.
Attachments
Case Butcher knives.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:23 pm I posted these two old Case butcher knives on the turkey carving thread. One could use a handle replacement and both remind me of Ontario/Old Hickory blades. Yours seems to be similar at least to the bottom knife.
Thanks Redrider! It is similar. Appreciate your response. My son In law knows I like knives (I have given him a couple of Case knives through the years) and he found this one at an auction. Its tore up from the floor up but it was the thought that counts. Have a great Christmas red rider! Always good to hear from you! :) ::handshake::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Merry Christmas to you too and it looks like you at least have some decent metal to work with. Others might be able to elaborate more on this knife. You'll have to post us the end result pictures when you're done with the repairs!
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “In The Kitchen”