My recently built hash/stew pot cooker**

A place to discuss sharp and pointy things from the kitchen.
big monk

My recently built hash/stew pot cooker**

Post by big monk »

A buddy of mine helped me build this hash pot cooker -- 18 gal. pot fits just right on the 33 gal. steel trash can -- cut some air holes.mounted the burner about 5 inches from the bottom of the pot & the trash can lid will serve as a cover for tha' pot. Got the pot from Agri-Supply ( they have lots of different size cooking pots in cast iron ) --------- cooked up a pot of ""Brunswick Stew"" today,that turned out mighty tasty ( put 32 quarts in the freezer ) :) ----- got most of my ""ta'do list"" done, cause I'm going under the knife for rotator-cuff surgery next week,& expect to be out of commission for a few weeks. Have a great day my friends,Monk :)

Since this is a knife forum,I added my selection of cooking knives I used today !!!!! ::groove::
Attachments
IMG_0701 (2).JPG
IMG_0702.JPG
IMG_0705 (2).JPG
IMG_0701 (2).JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My recently built hash/stew pot cooker**

Post by philco »

A feller could do some serious cookin' with that rig. So when will you be having us all over for a big pot of chili ? ::super_happy::

Hope all goes well with your upcoming surgery. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I hope it is not one of the 3 shown that you are going under. Rehab is important. Hope it makes you like new.
big monk

Post by big monk »

philco wrote:A feller could do some serious cookin' with that rig. So when will you be having us all over for a big pot of chili ? ::super_happy::

Hope all goes well with your upcoming surgery. ::tu::
Thanks Phil !!! ::tu:: & you know if you get down toward South Carolina, you'll be more than welcome, to stop by for some eatin' & BS :)

doglegg wrote:I hope it is not one of the 3 shown that you are going under. Rehab is important. Hope it makes you like new.
::doh:: me too !!! surly they got a good GEC or Case they use at the hospital,for that surgery stuff ??? ::paranoid:: -- had the other shoulder done,about 15 years ago and was back at work 7 weeks later - your right the rehab is the key, ( hope this one goes as well :) )

MONK****
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Great cooking station, Monk. That would make quite a batch of Chili. ::woot::

I wish the best for you with the surgery. ::tu::
Joe
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

What a clever outfit that is. You'll be the hit of the neighborhood. Good luck with the slicin' and dicin'. Work hard and rehab quickly.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

From the thread title i thought you were making hash. Marijuana products are a big growth industry right now, being compared to the Tech Boom of early 2000's. "Hash Cooker": O.K. i'll take a few grams please.
kj
big monk

Post by big monk »

kootenay joe wrote:From the thread title i thought you were making hash. Marijuana products are a big growth industry right now, being compared to the Tech Boom of early 2000's. "Hash Cooker": O.K. i'll take a few grams please.
kj
Hash has been know to ugly-up some people, are you sure you want to chance it,Joe ??? ::shrug::
Attachments
20130815-asia-00376.jpg

MONK****
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

Hash isn't responsible for that, that dude was ugly-ed up from the get-go.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

big monk wrote:A buddy of mine helped me build this hash pot cooker -- 18 gal. pot fits just right on the 33 gal. steel trash can -- cut some air holes.mounted the burner about 5 inches from the bottom of the pot & the trash can lid will serve as a cover for tha' pot. Got the pot from Agri-Supply ( they have lots of different size cooking pots in cast iron ) --------- cooked up a pot of ""Brunswick Stew"" today,that turned out mighty tasty ( put 32 quarts in the freezer ) :) ----- got most of my ""ta'do list"" done, cause I'm going under the knife for rotator-cuff surgery next week,& expect to be out of commission for a few weeks. Have a great day my friends,Monk :)

Since this is a knife forum,I added my selection of cooking knives I used today !!!!! ::groove::
Remarkable and very cool. In addition to the weight of the POT! 18 gallons of water is 150 pounds. As I said, remarkable. It looks to me like it would be hard to handle empty, to clean and so on. I got onto the website of that hardware store and they have some fantastic iron. My annual Fat Tuesday big iron pot of gumbo is coming up soon, but my iron pot is just a pipsqueak compared to yours! ::tu::

Return to “In The Kitchen”