AAPK benefit Auction #4 Remington Baby Ruth R1823

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
zp4ja

AAPK benefit Auction #4 Remington Baby Ruth R1823

Post by zp4ja »

Hello All Members whom benefit greatly for this site in various individual ways...

Let us not stop with gracious action to raise funds to assist Bryan and all of us members and stop here to assist the forum we all love and benefit from in so many ways. Takes money folks as I said previous, knives are secondary to me. The friends I have made are more priceless than my knives.
That said, here you go, money where mouth is...

This knife is from a member whom chooses to remain anonymous. Very generous of them.

Remington Baby Ruth R1823. Great old knife. Etch is still there, faint but difficult to photograph. There is a very tight crack in pile side scale at the lower pin (by the bottom bolster). Thru the pin but liner to liner. Cannot feel with finger. Very tight still. What incredible bone on this knife.

I'll pay shipping. Check made out directly to AAPK and mailed to Bryan, not me. Paypal is an option also: admin@allaboutpocketknives.com

Auction ends at 10:00PM PST Saturday night, August 12th. Will get it out ASAP to the generous winner unless I get wrapped around the axle at work.

I would request Bryan, an Admin, or Moderator move this to the most visible location so more exposure is implemented if possible.

Jerry
Attachments
IMG_0373.JPG
IMG_0375.JPG
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
RalphAlsip

Re: AAPK benefit Auction #4 Remington Baby Ruth R1823

Post by RalphAlsip »

I'll start the bidding at $100
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Very generous opening bid Jerry. Thanks much.

Regards. Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Nice knife Jerry. I'm in at $125.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Jerry I made this a global announcement.

I'll raise the bid to $135.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

$150. That Remington is a beauty.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thanks again Phil for that and the generous bid. Thanks to all involved and the associated generosity.

Jerry
espn77

Post by espn77 »

I'm back in the game at $165
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I can always buy a new abalone Barlow. $175.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

I really like your auction knife Jerry. I'm going $185
And it's going towards aapk. I appreciate what your doing for all of us.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thanks for all the bids Gents. The credit goes to the generous anonymous donator of this fine knife.

Regards, Jerry
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Ending tonight Gents.

Regards, Jerry
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Let's make it an even $200 for AAPK and for such a nice Remington.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Tsar Bomba wrote:Let's make it an even $200 for AAPK and for such a nice Remington.
Congratulations Tony and many thanks, you are the winner as is AAPK with generosity like this from yourself and all auction bidders.

I still have your shipping info Tony. Will get it out ASAP.

Thanks to all.

Regards, Jerry
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Thank you, Jerry, for your efforts and thank you to our anonymous knife donor. This lovely Remington jack will be a treasured part of my collection for sure. :lol:

Payment has been sent via Paypal. Use it well, Bryan! ::tu::
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Stopping in to say thanks again to everyone for participating in the fundraising efforts here through these auctions.

Big thanks to the anonymous donor on this one. Thanks to all the bidders & to Tony for taking it home. Thanks to Jerry for setting it up.

Payment was received via PayPal on Sunday.

AAPK is in pretty good shape in the funding department as of right now. I just recently was able to get a new server set up & prepaid for 2 years. I was also able to get a really good backup plan in place that utilizes space on an off-site server. ::tu::

All quite boring stuff, but it is nice to have these things in place & functioning well.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Glad to be able to help in some small way, Bryan, and good to hear that everything is running like spit through a goose. :lol:

I'll be sure to post some photos if the daylight cooperates tomorrow morning. Thanks again to Jerry for tying it all together and our mysterious anonymous donor for a fantastic knife. ::tu::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

She's a beauty, isn't she? :mrgreen: The blades of this knife are crisp, the action is clean, and the bones are stunning -- even the crack is almost invisible and does not detract in the slightest from the experience of CF & CE the knife. Easily my favorite Baby Ruth ever (and I'm a big fan of the candy bar)! ::rotflol::
36407581170_b1cc194365_b.jpg
35969721104_4809d8645b_b.jpg
My deepest thanks to our anonymous donor; this is far and away my best Remington, like an introduction into the big-boy's club. :lol:

Also thanks again to Jerry for handling the shipping and wrangling the cats required to bring us the auction, and to Bryan for wrangling the servers and bringing AAPK into our lives every day. I will carry this with pride and appreciation to you gents.

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”