AAPK benefit Auction Hobo

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
313 Mike

AAPK benefit Auction Hobo

Post by 313 Mike »

Greetings everyone. In keeping with the spirit of the ongoing "13 years" thread, I would like to offer a knife up for auction, with all funds going directly to Bryan to help with the costs associated with keeping AAPK up and running.
This is a knife that I purchased from Jerry A a few years back, and came from his father's collection. It was unused when I bought it, and it has only seen occasional light use by me.

The auction will run through midnight on Monday July 10th, as my next day off is Tuesday and I can mail out then.
Bidding begins at 50.00, and I will cover the cost of shipping to the highest bidder.
Please place your bids here in this thread.

1999 Case XX 6254 HBSS Hobo Knife
beautiful chestnut bone, crack and chip free
Both blades walk and talk beautifully, great snap, no wobble at all.
Attachments
20170706_084902.jpg
20170706_084947.jpg
20170706_085101.jpg
20170706_085140.jpg
20170706_085219.jpg
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
zp4ja

Re: AAPK benefit Auction Hobo

Post by zp4ja »

Great idea Mike and a fine knife. As I recall when you got it, one of the intents was (among other things I am sure) to use to sample your chef delights that you create. I hope it has treated you well regardless of task. Very gracious and generous effort on your part in putting this knife up and the reason for doing so.

Thanks my friend!

I will start her out at with a bid of 50 bucks.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

I'm in at $100
Grump01
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Grump01 »

Great that you're doing this, Thanks
Don
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

espn77 wrote:I'm in at $100
Great bid, thanks!
Mike

espn77

Post by espn77 »

Oh no. Thank you Mike for giving us an opportunity at a nice knife but more important an opportunity to support Bryan and this forum that means so much to so many people. Very generous of you to give up something for the greater cause.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I'm going to bid $125.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

I wanna be that cool when I grow up. Good on ya, Mike ::tu::
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Ill bid again at $140
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Hey Mike,

I assume by saying "run through midnight on Monday July 10th", you mean Monday Night/Tuesday morning EST? Please confirm.

You be surprised how different individuals interpret "Midnight Monday". As a Engineer that works the occasional Midnight to 6 am in some non exotic lands, you would be surprised if I told you how many guys on my team showed up a day late or a day early because they did not ask.

Thanks and Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

zp4ja wrote:Hey Mike,

I assume by saying "run through midnight on Monday July 10th", you mean Monday Night/Tuesday morning EST? Please confirm.

Thanks and Regards, Jerry
To be specific, my intention was that the auction would end at 12 midnight Central time on Monday July 10th. ...as Monday night turns into Tuesday morning.
Attachments
1499471114229-177977210.jpg
1499471326753121577757.jpg
1499471482188649315312.jpg
Mike

zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thanks for clarifying Mike.

Really nice pictures.

Jerry
espn77

Post by espn77 »

The pictures of your knife keep looking better and better. Never had a reason to buy a newer knife. This is a good thing your doing that benefits us all. Thanks again.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I am going to bid $200 .
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

gsmith7158 wrote:I am going to bid $200 and I would challenge the previous bidders to send their bids to AAPK and I would ask that Mike 313 Keep the knife and donate it's Value to Bryan at AAPK.
Wow, very generous bid Gregg, thanks so much for stepping up...
regarding your challenge, wow again, that is a rather large gauntlet to throw down. I am not sure I feel entirely comfortable with putting the other bidders on the spot like that though, doesn't really feel fair since this was set up to be an auction, not just a call for donations. This is of course a free country and you have the right to challenge whoever you would like, but in the context of this auction, I would prefer if we were to continue on along the course I set up in my original post.
Thanks again for your most generous bid, if you feel you would like to withdraw it after reading my post I understand. I mean no slight or disrespect to what you are trying to do, I just don't want to change the rules once the game has started. Thanks. ::handshake::
Mike

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Mike the more I thought about it I think your right so I edited my bid statement. . :D ::handshake:: ::handshake::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

So just to carry things over onto this page, the current high bid is 200.00 by Greg...still time to get in and benefit the cause of AAPK...
Mike

zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

313 Mike wrote:So just to carry things over onto this page, the current high bid is 200.00 by Greg...still time to get in and benefit the cause of AAPK...
Thanks again for putting this knife up Mike. A honorable show of support for a forum that we all enjoy and benefit from, Supporting Member or not. A site like this takes money to run. I really appreciate you doing this.

That being said, I raise the bid on the AAPK Benefit Auction knife to 225 bucks.

Regards, Jerry
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Time is running out on this one folks, just under 5 hours left to get your bid in to benefit our home on the web, AAPK. Current high bid is an extremely generous $225 by Jerry A....do I hear 250??

Here's a few more pics to tempt ya...that is some mighty fine, evenly colored bone on a modern Case knife
Attachments
20170710_185734.jpg
20170710_185903.jpg
20170710_190145.jpg
Mike

zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

313 Mike wrote:Time is running out on this one folks, just under 5 hours left to get your bid in to benefit our home on the web, AAPK. Current high bid is an extremely generous $225 by Jerry A....do I hear 250??

Here's a few more pics to tempt ya...that is some mighty fine, evenly colored bone on a modern Case knife
Thanks for the auction end reminder Mike.

Do I hear 250??? Yes you do my friend.

I raise my bid to 250 bucks.

"I get it" (and I am not referring to the knife either) if anyone here knows what I mean.

Regards, Jerry
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Mike. I'd like to put in a $275 bid.
Thanks Keith
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

espn77 wrote:Mike. I'd like to put in a $275 bid.
Thanks Keith
Dang, now we've got some action going on! Great bids Jerry and Keith, way to run it up! ::tu::
Mike

zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Likely too late. I lost track of time and dozed off.

If I am past the point of no return and Keith will concede, I will bid and pay 300 bucks for the AAPK Benefit Auction Knife.

Sorry for any confusion this causes but I screwed up on a cause I really stand behind and a knife, since my Dad's, mine and Mike's I would really like to have it in addition to the cash towards AAPK.

Please let me know. If it does not work out I will not be devastated. Main thing I find cool is the money towards AAPK costs and the fact the knife was put up for such reason.

Regards, Jerry
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

...after messaging with Keith, he has agreed to concede his win and allow Jerry's bid of $300.00 to be the winning bid....so the winner of the knife is Jerry A.
::handshake:: Congrats Jerry, your Dad's knife is heading home, full circle.

Thanks to much to everyone who bid in this auction, it brought it more funds than I had hoped for, and I know Bryan will put them to good use to help keep our little corner of the Internet up and running.

Best to you all!
Mike

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Mike.. Very admiral of you for running this auction!! KUDOS!! ::tu::

Jerry.. Congrats on your knife coming home and a GREAT gesture too!! ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”