Tank 2016: my 2016 EDC AUCTION ENDED

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

Tank 2016: my 2016 EDC AUCTION ENDED

Post by coffeecup »

For the past few years, as the holiday season approaches, we've been doing an auction for Tank's benefit. Mostly, we do it to remind him we haven't forgotten about him--but some extra funds around the holidays doesn't hurt! This last one is going to be a short-run auction, starting now and runs til 10 PM Central on 6 December 2016. All proceeds go to Tank, shipping (in the US) is already covered. (If you're outside the US, drop me a note and we'll figure something out.) We'll follow our usual procedure: when the auction is complete, I'll notify the winner. Philco is going to handle getting the funds to Tank, so he will contact the winners to arrange payment. As soon as Phil tells me he has the funds, I'll send the knife out USPS Priority.

Most of us have our EDCs--the knife or knives that are usually in our pocket, the ones we might loan or give to a temporarily-knifeless friend. For the past year, this one has been in my pocket. I've been using it as a control in comparison with a rotating group of other knives. It has cut. . . aw, geez, it has cut about half of what I cut this year (and I went out of my way to cut a LOT this year! :lol: ).

It is a fairly-typical Schrade 194OT. When I got it, it was NIB. That didn't last! That's not a faux-patina, it was earned through use. It has--and holds--a decent edge. It is a knife I wouldn't hesitate to loan or give a friend, so that's what I'm going to do. I've already pulled an understudy from my knife box, and this one is in the box with the auction knives.

Click on the pictures for a larger version. Ask any questions you might have, and of course--bid early and often!

Quality should not be an accident. So what is the explanation for some of the knives we've seen in the past few years? (from A Knifebuyer's Manifesto)
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Tank 2016: my 2016 EDC

Post by philco »

I'm a sucker for well earned patina. I'll bid $30.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
channa1278

Post by channa1278 »

How bout 40.00
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.- Albert Einstein
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

Well, it is 10:07 PM Central, and it looks like Channa1278 is the winner! I'll be in touch shortly via PM.

Thanks,
Jim
Quality should not be an accident. So what is the explanation for some of the knives we've seen in the past few years? (from A Knifebuyer's Manifesto)

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”