Tank 2016: damascus fixed blade Auction Ended

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

Tank 2016: damascus fixed blade Auction Ended

Post by coffeecup »

For the past few years, as the holiday season approaches, we've been doing an auction for Tank's benefit. Mostly, we do it to remind him we haven't forgotten about him--but some extra funds around the holidays doesn't hurt!

The format this year will be a bit different. Usually we just have four or five knives to auction--thanks to a fine fellow on another forum, we've got "a few" more than that. Every couple nights for the next week, I'll be posting 3 knives. Tonight's auction starts now, and runs til 10 PM Central on 28 November 2016. All proceeds go to Tank, shipping (in the US) is already covered. (If you're outside the US, drop me a note and we'll figure something out.)

When the auction is complete, I'll notify the winner. As usual, Philco is going to handle getting the funds to Tank, so he will contact the winners to arrange payment. As soon as Phil tells me he has the funds, I'll send the knife out USPS Priority.

Next up is a damascus hunting knife. No marks on it, not sure if it was someone's experimental forge work, if it was ground from purchased bar stock, or if this is a commercial blade. Measures just under 8 1/4" long, scales appear to be water buffalo horn. . . and there's the catch. From the looks of things, the horn scales shrank a bit; someone started to polish the tang down to match but never finished. In the pics you can see the white metal of the tang next to the horn. This is a relatively-heavy knife. The tang is full-thickness rather than being tapered, and is a hair over 3/16" thick.

Click on the pictures for larger images. Ask any questions you might have, and of course--bid early and often!

Quality should not be an accident. So what is the explanation for some of the knives we've seen in the past few years? (from A Knifebuyer's Manifesto)
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Tank 2016: damascus fixed blade

Post by philco »

How about $25 to get the ball rolling.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
itchibelli

Post by itchibelli »

$45

Mike
channa1278

Post by channa1278 »

How bout 60.00
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.- Albert Einstein
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

Well, it is 10:01 PM Central, and it looks like Channa1278 is the winner! I'll be in touch shortly via PM.

Meantime folks, don't forget the next round of auctions begins tomorrow evening!

Thanks!
Jim
channa1278

Post by channa1278 »

::ds::
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.- Albert Einstein

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”