Tank 2016: 6 blade pearl congress Auction Ended

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

Tank 2016: 6 blade pearl congress Auction Ended

Post by coffeecup »

For the past few years, as the holiday season approaches, we've been doing an auction for Tank's benefit. Mostly, we do it to remind him we haven't forgotten about him--but some extra funds around the holidays doesn't hurt!

The format this year will be a bit different. Usually we just have four or five knives to auction--thanks to a fine fellow on another forum, we've got "a few" more than that. Every couple nights for the next week, I'll be posting 3 knives. Tonight's auction starts now, and runs til 10 PM Central on 28 November 2016. All proceeds go to Tank, shipping (in the US) is already covered. (If you're outside the US, drop me a note and we'll figure something out.)

When the auction is complete, I'll notify the winner. As usual, Philco is going to handle getting the funds to Tank, so he will contact the winners to arrange payment. As soon as Phil tells me he has the funds, I'll send the knife out USPS Priority.

Next up is a 6-blade pearl-handled congress from United (no, I've never heard of them either, but it is a neat little knife). The mother-of-pearl seems to be real (but I'm not certain), it is glued on rather than being pinned. Bolsters are nickel-silver. Blades are stainless.

Held so the blade etches face me, the "left"" side has a wharncliffe, a spear, and a clip blade. The center (spear) blade is etched with an image of Abe Lincoln, and is tang-stamped "DC 634" (?) and "Surgical steel Japan" in 3 lines. The "right" side has a pen blade, a sheepsfoot, and a coping blade. The center (sheepsfoot) blade is etched with the signature "A. Lincoln".

Overall length closed is about 3 1/2". Sorry for the lousy pic--this is a hard knife to photograph! Click on the picture for a larger version. Ask any questions you might have, and of course--bid early and often!

Quality should not be an accident. So what is the explanation for some of the knives we've seen in the past few years? (from A Knifebuyer's Manifesto)
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Tank 2016: 6 blade pearl congress

Post by bestgear »

I'll start this one off with $20.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

$25
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
channa1278

Post by channa1278 »

How bout 30.00
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.- Albert Einstein
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

It is 10:03 PM Central, and it looks like Channa1278 is the winner! I'll be in touch shortly via PM.

Meantime folks, don't forget the next round of auctions begins tomorrow evening!

Thanks,
Jim

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”