Four for Tank: Western 062 folding hunter

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

Four for Tank: Western 062 folding hunter

Post by coffeecup »

It is time for our annual auction for Tank. This gets him some extra funds for the holiday season, but mostly, we do it to remind him we haven't forgotten about him. If you don't know about his situation, take a look at this thread: http://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_f ... hilit=tank

If you don't know who he is, go to his member profile and click on "search user's posts." He's a neat guy, with some neat knives; we appreciate his posts, and miss him when he can't.

Auction starts now, runs til 8 PM Central on Thursday 11 December 2014. All proceeds go to Tank, shipping (in the US) is already covered. (If you're outside the US, drop me a note and we'll figure something out.) When the auction is complete, I'll notify the winner. As usual, Philco is going to handle getting the funds to Tank, so he will contact the winner to arrange payment. As soon as Phil tells me he has the funds, I'll send the knife out USPS Priority.

Next item up for bid is a Western 062 folding hunter. According to the former Western-employee I acquired this one from, he bought it shortly after the factory moved from Boulder, and used it as his hunting/fishing/camping knife until he "got to old for that kind of fun". Covers are delrin with an oval nickel-silver shield. Blades show the expected wear, but the action is good (note that this pattern does not have half-stops). The master blade is marked WESTERN U.S.A. 062 in three lines, the other blade is unmarked.

The belt case is correct for the knife but is a replacement. As is common of many of the later Western belt cases, it needs to be re-sewn as many stitches are broken.

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Four for Tank: Western 062 folding hunter

Post by Colonel26 »

I'll start, $20!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

$25
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

$30
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

It is 8:09 PM here in eastern Nebraska, and it looks like Colonel26 is the winner! Colonel, I'll be in contact via PM shortly.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

PM sent

Payment sent

Thank you Jim for doing this for Tank. It's an awesome thing you do each year.
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”