What Pattern Would You Call this Knife?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: What Pattern Would You Call this Knife?

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

So, that S&M is a Zippy the Pinhead? (I realize "pinhead" is not an acceptable term to apply to a human, but it might be acceptable when applied to knife...)
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:59 pm So, that S&M is a Zippy the Pinhead? (I realize "pinhead" is not an acceptable term to apply to a human, but it might be acceptable when applied to knife...)
It is an unusual shape but it's a copy of a rare as a unicorn Remington pattern worth a small fortune. If you click on that link in my prior post, you can see the Remington version. Similar shape to the OP knife in this thread but beefier and a lockback whittler. The bigger end makes the "candle" end look out of proportion. I'll probably never find a Remington R6816 and couldn't afford it if I did - but I jumped on the chance to get the S&M copy. And a nice one it is too.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:55 am And a nice one it is too.

Ken
It certainly is!!

One of these days I'm going to find a nice S&M at a price I'm willing to pay. The hunt is 90% of the fun... :D
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
BrianHarris

Post by BrianHarris »

Its mostly called 4 blade knife or bobcat knife bobcat knife

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”