Trying to ID knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
ASToad

Trying to ID knife

Post by ASToad »

Hi everyone,
While cleaning out my grandmas house last week, I came across this knife that belonged to my grandpa, who passed in 1990. I remember many pretend pencils being “widdled” out of tree branches with this thing when I was a kid. Brought back so many memories.

Was wondering if anyone could ID it by chance. I see no brand or markings on it anywhere. At the base of the blade it says “stainless pak”, which I think means it was manufactured in Pakistan. That’s the extent of what I’m finding online. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
820B5366-618F-49C8-ADC3-EE8CFA8F24A8.jpeg
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Trying to ID knife

Post by KLJ77 »

::welcome:: aboard, ASToad. ::tu::

Yes, your knife is one made by paki-stan. Nevertheless, you have yourself a fine keepsake, in memory of your grandfather. The bolster and butt plate appears to be brass, which could probably clean up quite well with some brass polish and patient work / rubbing. Your knife still has some life to it and appears to be very useable. Nice find.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I agree that it was made in Pakistan. Most knives from there do not have a real brand name, and have no collector's value. There is generally no way to date them either.
Yours however has a butt-plate that is fairly unique for those knives. I hazard a guess that it may have been made in the late 70's or early 80's.
I would carry it on special occasions, and remember fondly the former owner!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
ASToad

Post by ASToad »

Thank you both for the info. I was debating whether I should clean it up or just leave the old patina. I didn’t figure it was worth much, but definitely worth the memories to me.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”