J.A. Henkles shield needed-

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
DMLEATH

J.A. Henkles shield needed-

Post by DMLEATH »

An older gentleman who lives in my area and does not have a computer asked me to see if I could find a shield for this knife. It’s a stag J.A. Henkles 4 blade but I don’t know the year. If there is anyone that could help I will be glad to pay.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: J.A. Henkles shield needed-

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Most companies will send you a replacement shield on request. Try contacting Henckels https://www.zwilling.com/us/contact-form.html. Worst that can happen is they tell you “no”.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
DMLEATH

Post by DMLEATH »

Thanks Ken I will try that
dsutton24

Post by dsutton24 »

I've been down this road. Henckels didn't make those knives, so they don't have any parts. Boker made them under contract, and when I contacted them the answer was, "Please send your mail to Henckels, we are Boker ;-)" Eventually I found out that Boker sold whatever spare parts they had to a fellow on the west coast whom I was never able to connect with.

If you have better luck I'd sure like to hear about it.

About all you can do is try to find broken knives that can be salvaged for their shields. It doesn't happen often, but they do turn up.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

This might not be what you want, but I have taken a round shield off of another knife (Schrade, for example), filed it down to fit, then glued it in upside down so that it is just blank.
To me, a blank metal shield looks better than an empty hole.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
just bob

Post by just bob »

Plan A. Call SMKW and tell them you were given a Hen & Rooster knife from there a few years back and the shield came out and you'd like to buy a replacement. They will send you 1 large and 1 small shield. Live with the H&R shield. It isn't a big deal.

Plan B. When Kaleb gets caught up after the first of the year, he can make you a shield with an H on it. I needed a shield for a Queen, and he made a shield with a Q on it that looked just great.

That original shield will be a hard one to find. You might find a round Boker shield or has already been suggested just turn a round shield over.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
DMLEATH

Post by DMLEATH »

Thanks to you all for those option!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”