Your Thoughts On This Boker

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Ivoryman

Re: Your Thoughts On This Boker

Post by Ivoryman »

beresman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:20 pm
Ivoryman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:35 pm
knifeaholic wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:23 pm

I agree..."Final assembly in Germany" likely means..."wrap the knife and put it in its box".

Hilarious Knifeaholic, you're killing me. True comedy. ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: :lol: :lol: ::ds::
You can laugh, but it's absolutely true. I used to work for a toy company, and product would be made in Hong Kong (this was before we had any kind of diplomatic or economic relations with PRC), and we would have things made there, add a little to it here in the US and package it, and if the total percentage of our cost was over a certain percentage, we could label it as "Made in USA". It was (and is) shameful.

Brent
Oh I know and agree fully. I wasn't laughing because of disbelief at all, I laughed because Knifeaholic NAILED it perfectly like a comedic genius. I know it's completely true and that's what makes it hilarious. Usually a truth behind great comedy and that one nailed it. No disrespect or disbelief here, I get it fully. I know how some of these companies operate and what is stamped on it isn't always where it was made. I'm on the same page. Great one though.

And hope I didn't put you off Treefarmer, I was being bright, and light, and acknowledging what I thought was a great humorous observation. Lit up my face, made my day, gave me a big smile and some serious comical irony. That's all.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
luckydog64
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by luckydog64 »

Ray if I am not mistaken all those bokers in the black box are like that.
Earth First! We'll mine the other planets later.
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

Bottom line - if you want a real Boker, look for "Solingen" on the tang.
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

tallguy606 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:11 pm Bottom line - if you want a real Boker, look for "Solingen" on the tang.
This ::tu::
Eye Brand Collector

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”