675 Vintage Puma Knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
parker42

675 Vintage Puma Knife

Post by parker42 »

Just inherited around 50 knives from my great grandpa. One was this old Puma 675 stock knife. I believe it was never used and includes the box. I was interested if anyone knew the value, specifics of this knife, or any additional information. There is a serial code type number 62273 located on the knife if that helps. Also would love any info to help with the rest of the knives inherited. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_6800.jpg
IMG_6801.jpg
IMG_6802.jpg
Landersknives

Re: 675 Vintage Puma Knife

Post by Landersknives »

parker42 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:57 am Just inherited around 50 knives from my great grandpa. One was this old Puma 675 stock knife. I believe it was never used and includes the box. I was interested if anyone knew the value, specifics of this knife, or any additional information. There is a serial code type number 62273 located on the knife if that helps.
Your knife was made in 1972. I would check eBay completed and sold listings for your knife to determine a value. It is a very nice knife. I collect Puma knives and super nice plus it was your granddad’s so it makes it even better.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
parker42

Post by parker42 »

Thanks for your help!
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

parker42 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:20 am Thanks for your help!
No problem. I didn’t know you were new around here. Welcome to the AAPK gang. Lots of knowledgeable people here and great people also. Glad you decided to be among us. It’s great that you have those knives from your grandpa. The best way to put a value on your knives is through the sold and completed listings on eBay. I am also a firm believer in something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. If your selling if you are happy with the price and your buyer is happy with the price it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. There are a lot of factors that determine worth. Any way welcome again and I know we all would love to see more of your knives. ::tu::
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I am not a Puma knife collector but i do know that a 1972 Puma Stockman in mint condition with original box is worth a few hundred dollars. Older Puma knives in pristine condition with box are somewhat rare and very sought after by Puma collectors.
If listed as an ebay auction the final price would depend to some degree on how many Puma collectors see the listing.
I think it could sell for $300 or more if a few Puma collectors were bidding.
kj
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

::welcome:: Parker42!

I know nothing about Puma knives, but looking at your photos, I can tell it's a beauty in GREAT condition. If this is the kind of knives your great grandfather collected and kept...and passed down to you, then you are a rich man. (I am not implying that the word 'rich' means you're monetarily rich, but rich on an emotional level) What an awesome inheritance. Hope you stay around and show us more of what you've been endowed with. We love pictures! So don't hesitate to share and brag about what you have. ::tu::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”