ID help for this diamond logo

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Kolvir

ID help for this diamond logo

Post by Kolvir »

Can anyone id this logo? Sorry for the poor photo, it isn't mine.
14054888_0.jpg
14054888_0.jpg (5.89 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: ID help for this diamond logo

Post by KLJ77 »

Looks like a basic abstract diamond mark. Is this supposed to be on a knife tang?
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

KLJ77 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:38 pm Looks like a basic abstract diamond mark. Is this supposed to be on a knife tang?
Yep, and a really cheap one at that. I found an identical one on Etsy a couple years ago for less than $10 shipped, and seeing as it was so unusual, I picked it up expecting it to be a POS. It is, most definitely. The steel is so soft, it will not take an edge. Really ironic, as I just unearthed it today. I had been keeping it in my toolbox for a beater, but I replaced it with a folding utility knife and a folding painter's tool. It's my understanding it's a cheapo from the '80s that's made in China.
KIMG2337.JPG
KIMG2338.JPG
Kolvir

Post by Kolvir »

Thanks for the info, that is VERY good to know.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

cody6268 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:32 pm
KLJ77 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:38 pm Looks like a basic abstract diamond mark. Is this supposed to be on a knife tang?
Yep, and a really cheap one at that. I found an identical one on Etsy a couple years ago for less than $10 shipped, and seeing as it was so unusual, I picked it up expecting it to be a POS. It is, most definitely. The steel is so soft, it will not take an edge. Really ironic, as I just unearthed it today. I had been keeping it in my toolbox for a beater, but I replaced it with a folding utility knife and a folding painter's tool. It's my understanding it's a cheapo from the '80s that's made in China.
KIMG2337.JPG

KIMG2338.JPG
I have the identical knife and I was informed that was likely made in Russia.I have several other Soviet made knives and they are quite similar in construction.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Another knife mystery solved. ::tu:: Nice info, fellows. I figured someone would know about this stamp.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”