One for the books..............

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
knife7knut

One for the books..............

Post by knife7knut »

Picked this one up in a lot of three dozen knives I bought the other day for $20.Interesting assortment;some,"diamonds" and some,"stones" and then there was this one.
The stamping I believe says,"G.R.C.Co. Chicago" which may or may not be Golden Rule Cutlery Co which is strange because I thought their main output was picture handle knives.The other side of the tang is stamped,"SAND" I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.What really grabbed me was the shape of the blade and it looks to be original.I cannot imagine why it was so shaped.Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?
Attachments
G.R.C.Co.Chicago.JPG
G.R.C.Co.ChicagoTangStamp1.JPG
G.R.C.Co.ChicagoTangStamp2.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
kootenay joe

Re: One for the books..............

Post by kootenay joe »

Interesting but i have not seen a blade tang that looks like this one. And "SAND" is also a mystery. I too hope someone here might now.
kj
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Blade shape and handle material make me thing something around a medical purpose. Like a folding scalpel of sorts? I know metal handles are used on folding castrating knives to this date.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

cody6268 wrote:Blade shape and handle material make me thing something around a medical purpose. Like a folding scalpel of sorts? I know metal handles are used on folding castrating knives to this date.
I had considered it being for medical use but it is a bit large for that and I have never seen a medical knife with a nail nick.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Handle has the shape of a veterinary knife. Not sure what that adds up to.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Knife7knut, You are correct Sir that their main output was picture handle knives but they did make many knives w/out pictures as well & I have owned alot of them throughout the years. I never seen anything like that one though, lol. Great score!
Kindest Regards,
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”