US Army Pocket Knives of WWII

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
PvtRossi

Re: US Army Pocket Knives of WWII

Post by PvtRossi »

1967redrider wrote:I borrowed this picture from http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ ... tchblades/ which you may find interesting. Lots of great military knife information on that website!
US Militaria is an awesome place. Lots of info for sure, but in this specific case it's all about the M-2 paratrooper knife...very familiar with that picture, which is the gear carried by paratrooper rifleman with grenade launcher of 503rd Parachute Infantry Battalion for the drop on Nadzab, New Guinea, in September 1943. M-2 switchblades are sweet, but very unlikely a normal grunt would carry one
PvtRossi

Post by PvtRossi »

I wonder, for example, if either one of these two knives are period-correct and could be ok for me to use. Anybody can help in dating them?
s-l1600.jpg
s-l160d0.jpg
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

They both appear to have delrin handles, which would place them in the early 60's at the earliest.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
PvtRossi

Post by PvtRossi »

knifeaholic wrote:They both appear to have delrin handles, which would place them in the early 60's at the earliest.
I understand! Thank you knifeaholic. I can't distinguish real bone handles from synthetic material handles. Any advice or pointers?

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”