P.L Schmidt pearl handle German whittler knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
raincrowe

P.L Schmidt pearl handle German whittler knife

Post by raincrowe »

I picked up for $10... A 3 1/8 inch German whittler knife...This small pearl handle knife is the thinnest I've seen for a whittler..... All three blades are stamped on the mark side...P.L Schmidt Germany....Pile side...XX Mark....Researching this little knife turned into quiet a history lesson...First I find the marks are owned by Carl Kammerling & Co....Made In Elberfeld Germany...I looked at German Tool and Blades makers....Discovered.... Peter Ludwig Schmidt...… Registry 1895....Then I researched the city Elberfeld and found it was an independent city until 1929....After that it became a suburb of Wuppertal.... A city in Western Germany....Not sure how old this knife is I would guess before 1929...This knife is very well made...Someone used and cared a great deal for this knife as it still has beauty in spite of it's years of service....the pile side has a crack in handle that doesn't hurt it at all....The mark side has a nice bar emblem...I would like know more about the knife all discussion welcome!! ::tu::
Attachments
SAM_1043.JPG
SAM_1042.JPG
SAM_1041.JPG
SAM_1040.JPG
SAM_1036.JPG
raincrowe

Re: P.L Schmidt pearl handle German whittler knife

Post by raincrowe »

Last but not least!!
Attachments
SAM_1035.JPG
SAM_1037.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Raincrowe that is a dainty little knife but must be sturdy as it is well used. A very good pick up. ::tu:: ::tu::
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Nice find, raincrowe! ::tu:: Sorry, I have no information to add.
Dan
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Thank you!!….. Glad to hear the large blade has been sharpened quite a bit sturdy and still a good knife to carry!! ::tu::

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”