Help ID Old Swiss Army Style Knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
caarce

Help ID Old Swiss Army Style Knife

Post by caarce »

Hi,
This knife was passed down to me from my grandfathers collection who passed away when I was young. I'm curious to learn more about it, if anyone can shed some light on a possible manufacturer, name, etc please do.
Thank you
Attachments
IMG_5126.JPG
Doc B

Re: Help ID Old Swiss Army Style Knife

Post by Doc B »

Welcome to AAPK. I'm no Swiss Army knife expert. Someone will probably come along with additional info. Are there any tang stamps (writing or brand marks) on any blades? If there are...pictures would probably be helpful.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Welcome to the forums! The knife is a Chinese knockoff of a Swiss Army Knife with little collector value but I am sure priceless because of who it belonged to.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
caarce

Post by caarce »

knife7knut wrote:Welcome to the forums! The knife is a Chinese knockoff of a Swiss Army Knife with little collector value but I am sure priceless because of who it belonged to.
Thanks for your info, I've had many Swiss army knives and found this one with the odd insignia, so I wanted to give it due diligence incase it was a collector. I do see now on one side of the blade it says "Stainless China" so that makes sense.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

1990s, and an accident waiting to happen. Granddad, in the 1990s bought up tons of these, and gave them away as gifts. About 10 years later, he gave me one as my first knife. While doing some whittling, the flimsy bushing holding the pivot pin in just fell off, and the knife pretty much exploded. I still have one intact, as well as a much smaller model that was my great-Granddad's, and I keep those for the sentimental value. There are many in my collection, that quite frankly, are what I'd normally view as cheap junk, but have high sentimental value because of who they belonged to.

Believe it or not, I was pretty much the one that got my family into actual Swiss Army knives. My other great-grandfather (on my Grandmother's side) owned a Pioneer, just didn't use it much. Around the time I got into Scouts, I bought a Fieldmaster model, and then just kept buying them, and am becoming a rather serious collector more than just a user.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

1990s, and an accident waiting to happen. Granddad, in the 1990s bought up tons of these, and gave them away as gifts. About 10 years later, he gave me one as my first knife. While doing some whittling, the flimsy bushing holding the pivot pin in just fell off, and the knife pretty much exploded. I still have one intact, as well as a much smaller model that was my great-Granddad's, and I keep those for the sentimental value. There are many in my collection, that quite frankly, are what I'd normally view as cheap junk, but have high sentimental value because of who they belonged to.

Believe it or not, I was pretty much the one that got my family into actual Swiss Army knives. My other great-grandfather (on my Grandmother's side) owned a Pioneer, just didn't use it much. Around the time I got into Scouts, I bought a Fieldmaster model, and then just kept buying them, and am becoming a rather serious collector more than just a user.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”