Ahrems good line

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Henryaus

Ahrems good line

Post by Henryaus »

Gday
Can anyone tell me anything about this knife? Was my fathers , so im guessing pre 1958 in Australia.? On the main blade is etched, premium stock knife. I cant find any info on it. All that comes up with a search of ahrems good line germany is tools from 1930s.
Attachments
810D5D37-2A56-4752-9FA9-0A772F51D522.jpeg
4EE378E5-4DCC-439A-9B57-058CB0005B29.jpeg
C5E66169-D535-4F72-A6AC-86297D720399.jpeg
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Ahrems good line

Post by Paladin »

Not a brand I am familiar with but Goins says: Ernst G. Ahrens, 1910-1930, Solingen Germany is stamped on the back of the tang.
Wish I could tell you more.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Your knife is a Wilhelm Wagner, a knife manufacturer in Solingen Germany that began in 1876 and closed i believe some time in about 1960's. They made top notch knives. Yours is a pattern known as a "Stockman". Likely it is about 4" closed. Excellent older knife !
Ernst G. Ahrens is a merchant name, possibly a hardware store or tool wholesaler, not a manufacturer. Many knives have merchant markings rather than the name of manufacturer. It is the round shield with 2 "W"'s that ID the knife as a W. Wagner. I have the same knife but in unused condition.
kj
Henryaus

Post by Henryaus »

Makes sense now that all i could find was an old list for tools in Australia in 1930 for that name. Thanks for your help guys!
I also have several old bokers, one of which has a broken back spring on main blade and the delrin scales are buggered. I made a new back spring but think i might be a mm or two out. Id like to have it fixed professionally but am having no luck here in Aus. Anyone have any suggestions? I know it will probably cost more than the knife is worth but it has sentimental value.
Thanks again
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Hi Henryaus. Welcome to AAPK. You might try perusing the knife repair forum here on AAPK and see some of the work done by the numerous great knife mechanics and customizers who frequent this forum. I've provided a link to the forum below.

viewforum.php?f=37
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Henryaus

Post by Henryaus »

Thanks mate. Ill give it a shot there. ::tu::

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”