Another curiosity......

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
knife7knut

Another curiosity......

Post by knife7knut »

Found this one at the same antique shop as the fish knife and it looked a bit unusual so I bought it. Stamped "Queen Cutlery Co (in an arc) Titusville PA" on one side and,"Made in USA(also in an arc)1998" on the other.Round shield is stamped Queen with a small crown over the letters. Blade was etched #11EOA on the pile side. Handles are some type of weird plastic that does not shine;even when polished and have a crack on both at the center rivet.
Was this made by Queen or someone else. The large easy open cutout looks similar to a knife I have stamped York Cutlery.
Attachments
Queen#11EOAknife$16 001.jpg
Queen#11EOAknife$16 004.jpg
Queen#11EOAknife$16 002.jpg
Queen#11EOAKnife1A.JPG
YorkCutleryEZOpener.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Greenman

Re: Another curiosity......

Post by Greenman »

knife7knut wrote:Found this one at the same antique shop as the fish knife and it looked a bit unusual so I bought it. Stamped "Queen Cutlery Co (in an arc) Titusville PA" on one side and,"Made in USA(also in an arc)1998" on the other.Round shield is stamped Queen with a small crown over the letters. Blade was etched #11EOA on the pile side. Handles are some type of weird plastic that does not shine;even when polished and have a crack on both at the center rivet.
Was this made by Queen or someone else. The large easy open cutout looks similar to a knife I have stamped York Cutlery.
Your knife was definitely made by Queen. They made this slim trapper pattern in a variety of different handle materials, both with and without the easy open notch. Some were even made with a brass Cattaraugus-style linerlock. It’s rare to find one in the amber Delrin(?) handle material that doesn’t have one or more rivet cracks. The same knife pattern was also made by Queen for a number of other knife companies, including Winchester and Moore Maker.
Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Another curiosity......

Post by orvet »

Here are three made by Queen that I have. I like the pattern.
Sorry for the quick cell phone pic.
The Old Hickory blade was reshaped before I got it.
Queen made EO slim trappers.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”