More information about this knife?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: More informationabout this knife?

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Welcome to AAPK. I’m no expert on Imperial Ireland knives. I do own one. These were made back in the 70’s and early 80’s for Imperial. The quality is actually quite good on these Ireland made knives. I wouldn’t call them an antique, just my opinion. I have listed the one I have on Ebay several times and couldn’t get 10 dollars for it, so I kept it and use it.
Hope you weren’t looking for someone to tell you it’s worth a lot of money? That’s a hobo knife. The stainless is very good quality. I see the handle has started to shrink and pull away from the bolster. You might check on here for information on revitalizing that wooden handle. It’s really a nice knife.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Re: More information about this knife?

Post by kootenay joe »

I agree with Ssk: older knife but not antique, not sought after by knife collectors but perfectly usable especially in a picnic situation or on a road trip if you have brought some food along.
The shamrock is a symbol Imperial Ireland often used to ID it's products. The other symbol i have not seen before but it is stylish and adds interest.
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”