L.F.&C. two blade pocket knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
RobesonsRme.com

Re: L.F.&C. two blade pocket knife

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

As to the Robeson knives, I had never seen that particular handle material until I purchased that three blade lobster from Mark Zalesky at a Dalton Knife Show a few years ago. Then the little equal-end lobster came into the fold.

I was familiar with LF&C's "Perfected Stag" and thought it to be the same material.

I have no idea who made the Perfected Stag material for LF&C or if they did not, indeed, make it themselves.

I have, however, seen a little boxed demonstrator set of such handles that were manufactured by a company I now cannot recall. The set was on Ebay a few years ago. As I recall, I came across the item via one of my Robeson search key words.

I alerted a fellow AAPK member, who I knew had interest in such things and he bought it. I assume he still has it and if he sees this discussion and so chooses, he might post it here for all to see.

It's not my place to ID him here and I will not do that.

Suffice it to say there were numerous companies that manufactured handle materials and marketed them to various cutleries. Some of them are known, such as Rogers and Winterbottom and others have now been lost to history.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
cody6268

Re: L.F.&C. two blade pocket knife

Post by cody6268 »

Ruff wrote:Charlie,

Does imitation mean man made or something like cow bone? I ask because I have seen a couple of knives for sale that say cow bone, but look like deer antler.

Thanks,

Ruff
I think "Improved" or "Imitation" stag was Rubberoid, a form of Bakelite. It's just as brittle as bone. The 0288 I carry (a Wharncliffe pen knife) has several cracks in its scales.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”