Trying to identify

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
ftwfever

Trying to identify

Post by ftwfever »

I could use some help identifying this knife
Attachments
20181015_153859.jpg
20181015_153906.jpg
20181015_153841.jpg
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Trying to identify

Post by kennedy knives »

In Sargent's book it's listed as a unknown pattern (361-5) Leather Handle Case Script Stamp About $150.00
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Made by Kinfolks in Little Valley, NY for Case circa 1926-1932. They will also be found with Kinfolks, Cattaraugus, and a couple other stamps on them. I think $150 is a high price for one that is not mint, leather handled hunters just don't do too well. That is not a Case script stamped, it is block letters.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Gunsil wrote:Made by Kinfolks in Little Valley, NY for Case circa 1926-1932. They will also be found with Kinfolks, Cattaraugus, and a couple other stamps on them. I think $150 is a high price for one that is not mint, leather handled hunters just don't do too well. That is not a Case script stamped, it is block letters.
Thanks for the correction on Script verse's Block . I will let the Photo's be my information . I would pay $50.00 just for the sheath ,I have the knife . Gary
Attachments
Unknown Pattern
Unknown Pattern
Unknown pattern
Unknown pattern
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

My friend Brad Wood wrote that Case hunting knife section for Sargent and he has since discovered the correct model numbers for many of the knives listed as unknown number in that ancient book. I also think he would revise that price evaluation these days. I am away for a while, maybe PM me in Nov, I have a huge amount of Case hunters and some spare sheaths, may have one to fit your knife, or maybe my example of the knife is better than yours. I have sold a lot of my Case hunter collection to Brad, and last spring a bunch more to Tony Foster. Look for a very good article about Kinfolks in Knife Magazine coming soon. It was written by Brad Wood and explains a lot about their relationship with Case and Catt. Pretty much all Case marked hunters with aluminum guards were made by Kinfolks from 1926-1932, and same for Catt from about 1926 until the early 1950s. Several of the knives pictured in the article are ones from my collection which Brad now owns.
Best, Gene
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Thanks for the info like wise I have also sold Brad Woods from Louisville KY a number of Case Fixed Blades . What do you have for sale ?
Gary
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Hi Gary, I have maybe fifty or so Case hunters left, I am away cannot get photos of them until I return. I have bone, stag, leather and cocobolo and a couple of cell ones, from tested era on with only a few USAs and no newer ones. Most with proper sheaths, a lot of gorgeous mint ones, some pretty rare ones like the stag stainless woodcraft type one in mint condition. I am always looking for rarer KA-BAR hunters in near mint-mint condition, nothing after WW2. I also have some fine Catt and Kinfolks hunters, and a few KA-BAR doubles. A bunch of nice Remingtons also. I have collected and studied old American hunters for over fifty years, need to thin out my collection, selling most except my beloved KA-BARs.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”