Knife Price 1997 vs 2018

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Price 1997 vs 2018

Post by Colonel26 »

I surely don’t have all the answers. I just like pocket knives. I buy what appeals to me at the time. I appreciate users that I can actually use instead of safe queens, and if I get a safe queen I’ll use it at some point. Why? I invested my money and my return is the enjoyment I get from it. Same with my gun hoard, er, collection.

So, I buy what I like, use what I got, and if there’s any increase, my wife and sons (who like knives too) will benefit from it.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Moss. Well said. It isn’t an integrity move to take advantage of someone’s ignorance of the value of a knife. Or for that matter, anything.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Integrity as a buyer and a seller is important.
I have surprised more than one person buy paying more than their asking price for a knife.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

Thanks for the replies. Surely there must be hoards of people out there who have and use their integrity daily in their lives.
I believe we may have just partially defined what a moral compass that is sometimes referred as a persons guiding light is.
Thanks especially to you Dale, I am certain there are others among our knifing community who have reached the standards that you follow. Differences, yes there is quite a difference between that other old guy sitting on the local courthouse bench
who knows what you know but allows you to give him a skinning because he understands he will return the favor someday. Hopefully his widow who is attempting to sell his collection next year to help with his final expenses will get fair value from one of our community.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

My moral compass is pretty simple:

"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”