Case knife repair

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
kenb

Case knife repair

Post by kenb »

I was just wondering how long it takes. I've never sent a knife back to case for repair or replacement. I purchased a wharncliffe copperlock from a member here. A brand new knife, and I was really liking it, but the more I looked at it the more I was disappointed. The blade was just touching the liner on one side when closed and the bone handle was just a bit separated from the liner on one end. Just a bit, but when you held the knife up to the light you could see right through it. So I sent it off to Case with their form all filled out. It said if there was an email address provided they would contact me when it was received. They got it 2 weeks ago (delivery confirmation), I haven't heard anything. Should I be concerned or just let it ride. I don't care how long it takes as long as they do the right thing.

Ken
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case knife repair

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The most recent one I sent Case for repair (non-warranty) was a few months ago. I contacted them by email with pictures of my knife and a description of what I wanted done to it (it was a long ago discontinued pattern that only needed new covers). They responded they could fix it. I sent it to them by priority mail with a tracking number, as I recall it took three days to get there.

Didn't hear anything at all from them for about another week to 10 days or so, then got an email saying they had received it and it would take 6 weeks (longer during holidays) for repairs. About a week or two later I got an email saying it had been shipped back. It was delivered the next day by UPS. Those times may be off a little but total lapsed time was around a month from when I sent it until I got it back.

Not sure if that's representative or not. In my experience their communication lags a little behind their service. BTW the work they did was outstanding.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
just bob

Post by just bob »

I needed a shield and contacted Case with a picture and shipping address. Didn't hear anything back from them at all and intended to follow up. About 3 weeks later one showed up in the mail. Who knows their system?
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
ludwig26

Post by ludwig26 »

I’ve probably sent 20 back in the last couple of years. Mostly older stuff. I just track them to make sure they get their and then forget it.
They have always went far beyond my expectations. I think a month is the longest I had one out. Zippo the same way, top notch service.
Kerry
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Yep, I have gotten a couple of shields from them. Usually takes a while but one day...bam... there it is in the mailbox.
Good dependable folks.....

Mike
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
kenb

Post by kenb »

UPDATE.... I got my knife back yesterday. Now the rest of the story. I'll give you the short version. I sent my new case copperlock to case for repair, they received it June 30 (delivery confirmation). I posted here July 12 asking if I should be concerned because they never emailed me that they received it. On the paper work it said that they would do that when it was received. I emailed them July 15 and inquired about my knife. They called me July 16 and we had a nice chat and they said they didn't have my knife. They said they needed the tracking number on the postal receipt. I called them back on July 17 and told them my wife threw it out ::shrug:: . They said hold on and let me see what we can do. A few minutes later they tell me they have my knife, it was just checked in, just then. I said ok, just happy to know you got it. July 24 I get an email that they received my knife, that over 3 weeks after they received it and a week after they told me they had it. Was sent there because the tip of the blade was in contact with the liner when closed and the bone was away from the liner on one end. Knife comes back Aug 11 bone is fixed. Heavy black compound all around the tang. Blade is better but still leaning a little toward the side. Cleaned the compound off, knife looks nice, open and close two or three times and the tip of the blade is touching the liner again. Not a good first time experience. I guess I'll just live with it. It's a 60 dollar working knife, not a collectable, but still it would be nice to have it right. So much for Case knife repair. Next time there is a problem the seller will get it back.

Ken

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”