Locking folders

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Locking folders

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

That's a swing and a miss!
93f0ec63390da13c205a49b0ef131d94.jpg
93f0ec63390da13c205a49b0ef131d94.jpg (11.01 KiB) Viewed 870 times
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Lockblade

Post by Lockblade »

At last I think I have an ID on the knife in Question but first of all a very humble apology to you learned gentleman that suggested it was a liner lock and I kept insisting it was a back lock! It seems it is a Cataraugus FH1 toothpick with bolster lock, I believe AG Russel also do one. I will post a pic as soon as I work out how to do it!
Again everyone, pardon my ignorance and thank you very much for all contributions.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Lockblade wrote:Thanks everyone for the pics but it"s not any of those. If anyone is familiar with a Rigid top lock then that is the type of lock I saw but instead of a button to lift off the lock the mystery knife has a small cutaway that is slightly raised on the bolster. This raised bump is attached to the lock bar so you put your thumb on the bolster and push up and this lifts the lock off the blade and allows it to fold closed. Bob Cargill's bolster lock is also similar but his mechanism involves the whole bolster on one side. I will try and get a pic of these other knives to help. As to the make, it could well be any other but I was looking at Case knives at the time and thought this was also.
Cheers,
Dennis
It's possible you're thinking of two separate knives: a Rigid Top-Lock and an AG Russell Bolster Lock Toothpick:
P3040031.JPG
P3040036.JPG
P3040029.JPG
P3180035.JPG
P3180040.JPG
P3180046.JPG
~Q~
~Q~
Lockblade

Post by Lockblade »

Thanks, I think I did a fine job of confusing both myself and everyone else. The Russel bolster lock looks to be the right animal!
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

gsmith7158 wrote:
glennbad wrote:Could it be similar to this release?

Looks like a Press Button made by Schrade a long time ago. ::tu:: Terry

Myke 12.JPG
What kind of knife is that Glenn?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”