I.C. Co.marking

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

I.C. Co.marking

Post by djknife13 »

I bought this knife from a friend that thought maybe it was an early Imperial Knife Co. marking, but wouldn't it have said IK instead of IC. Goins lists a Imperial Cutlery circa 1920 to 1940 without any explanation or other information. I've never seen an Imperial with just IC Co. and the punch blade is different than any I've seen. Does anyone know for sure what this is. It almost looks more like a Camillus or Schrade contract knife. Sorry about the poor quality pictures. Thanks. ____Dave
Attachments
I.C.Co 003.JPG
I.C.Co 001.JPG
mrwatch

Re: I.C. Co.marking

Post by mrwatch »

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

That site didn't seem to fit this knife so I'm still left wondering what I have here. I'm still thinking it appears Camillus made for somebody, or it could be as the friend I bought it from, an early Imperial, or maybe still a Iowa knife Co. ____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Had several of those over the years. I guess I just always assumed they were from Imperial.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Without the 'K', I don't think it is an Imperial stamp, although it may have been made by Imperial. There are several possibilities. Illinois Cut. Co., Indiana Cut. Co., Iroquois Cut. Co. are three that come to mind and all of which likely had knives made on contract, or were house brands for other companies.

Cool little knife regardless of it's origins, ::tu::

WB
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

I'm looking for a known marked knife with that flat punch with the long pull. I don't remember seeing one like that. Ka-Bar's Scout knife is really close except for the long pull. ____Dave
TereGee

Post by TereGee »

I think I found the answer because I also have a knife with i.c. co. Olean, N.A. on the
tang that is vintage 70's. It's apparently from around WW2 from a company by the name
of Union Cutlery Co. a/k//a Ka-Bar. Don't ask me why the initials are i.c. co. instead
of u.c. co. but they are from Olean, N.Y. Check out this link...
https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums ... -29-knife/
TereGee

Post by TereGee »

I think I found the answer because I also have a knife with i.c. co. Olean, N.A. on the
tang that is vintage 70's. It's apparently from around WW2 from a company by the name
of Union Cutlery Co. a/k//a Ka-Bar. Don't ask me why the initials are i.c. co. instead
of u.c. co. but they are from Olean, N.Y. Check out this link...
https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums ... -29-knife/

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”