Spyderco Collectors club # question

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Serrated_Spoon

Spyderco Collectors club # question

Post by Serrated_Spoon »

First off thank you for the add to this forum I’m confident I can find the answer I’m looking for here. I collect 90’s era Spyderco Blades mainly collaborations done with Frank Centofante (rip), I currently have in my possesion every release the two collaborated on except the FRN Centofante IV w/warncliff straight blade and plan on crafting a plaque where I can mount the I, II, III, IV, Memory, and Vesuvius sling w/a picture & Bug emblem sorta thing. My big Question is when I acquired my Centofante II spyderedge blade from eBay it had the engraving 029 signifying it was part of the collectors club that averages around 200 members. Skeptical at first I brought it to the factory outlet on a Tuesday because that’s when Gail has been known to stop by to answer the need to know Q’s which she did verify the authenticity of what I had in my hand. This was last year and the other day I was looking through EBay and noticed another Centofante II exact knife that I have also stamped with 029 being auctioned off and I’m curious now. Do spyderco collector club members have their number engraved on multiple knives of the same release if they purchase more than one? I just don’t know why anyone would go through all the trouble to engrave a random number and have that number be the same as mine and be trying to sell it? Any advice is appreciated and apologies for the novel Q
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Spyderco Collectors club # question

Post by DM11 »

From what i understand which isnt much. I dont think there should be another 029 SE out there. Maybe you should go back to Spyderco factory outlet and ask Gail about it.
David

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”