Anyone know who made this knife or see one like it?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
petey20

Anyone know who made this knife or see one like it?

Post by petey20 »

I tried to lookup the script on the knife and the the only examples I could find was to mean something sharp... Normally I wouldn't even try to fin more information on a Chinese knife but this one is super sharp, seems to be made well and unique. Typical Chinese made knifes are cheap and are modeled after a known design. The blade is about 3.75", overall length is about 8.375" and about 4.625" closed. Just looking to see if anyone knows anything about it, thanks in advance!
DSC_0209.JPG
DSC_0210.JPG
DSC_0208.JPG
DSC_0211.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: Anyone know who made this knife or see one like it?

Post by kootenay joe »

There likely are hundreds of thousands of different Chinese knives. There is a range of quality from poor to best in class. Many of the $10-$20 Chinese knives are excellent knives in all regards and their quality control is the world's best.
It usually is not possible to know the manufacturer. You might find knife sellers in China but the ones i have asked do not know which factory made the knives they sell.
The idea that China rips off USA knife designs is mostly not true. China knife manufacturers have engineers who design the knives for USA companies like CRKT, Spyderco, etc. Depending upon the agreement the manufacturer might be free to make a similar knife under their own name after a certain period of time has elapsed.
That said there are some obvious fake Hinderers, Sebenzas etc., but these are a tiny proportion of the knives made in China.
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”