national blade knives?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
kootenay joe

Re: national blade knives?

Post by kootenay joe »

100% Parker.
kj
ricknra

Post by ricknra »

[image][/image][image][/image]
ricknra wrote:i bought a knife a few years ago, its a really nice knife bone handles the blade is inscribed with a tall ship and star of india above the ship. the tang stamp says national blade surgical steel japan. the handle on one side has a scrimshaw scene of a ship "i assume its the star of india" and its signed joe luiz. i found him in newport rhode island he owned a shop he was a well known scrimshaw artist who had died about 12-13 years ago now. what i want to know is, is there anyone who watches this blog who might know about national blade?
15225329558861543230302.jpg
ricknra

Post by ricknra »

[image][/image]
ricknra wrote:i bought a knife a few years ago, its a really nice knife bone handles the blade is inscribed with a tall ship and star of india above the ship. the tang stamp says national blade surgical steel japan. the handle on one side has a scrimshaw scene of a ship "i assume its the star of india" and its signed joe luiz. i found him in newport rhode island he owned a shop he was a well known scrimshaw artist who had died about 12-13 years ago now. what i want to know is, is there anyone who watches this blog who might know about national blade?
knifes.jpg
Butch53pig

Post by Butch53pig »

I just acquired a National Blade with Siren etched on the blade and scrimshaw bone handle, a very nice looking knife. At first sight I figured that it was a Parker, despite what people say about Parker I have 6 different patterns all are bone 4 different names on the tang and I like them! At least they're not made in China. Some day they'll be collectable. Just my opinion. Butch
ricknra

Post by ricknra »

parker knife.jpg
wow it took 6 years to find this again and finally a picture, it is a national blade not american blade and it is a parker, parker\case had quite a few knife makers over in japan in the 80's this is just one. i'll have to figure out a close up of the tang stamp and the scrimshaw with signature, but everything i found on luiz was he was one of the top scrimshanders of new port and the entire east coast but he's not around anymore
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Congrats on your find ricknra. ::nod:: ::tu::

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”