Unusual Set

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Sut Tatersaul

Unusual Set

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

While cleaning out our last RV, this week, I found this Eastwing Knife, and Camping axe Set. Although they were never used, they have the expected wear and tear received traveling with us, on the ready, for countless thousands of miles all over the USA, Canada, and Alaska. Since We are no longer able to travel, I am going to get rid of the RV, and would like to find the value of this old Set. " Lotsa Memories" involved with this set. Can anyone help put a value on this set? Thanks.
Sut Tatersaul
download/file.php?mode=view&id=301105

rv
Attachments
DSC01782.JPG
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
zzyzzogeton

Re: Unusual Set

Post by zzyzzogeton »

I believe that is either an Estwing model 14A (12") or 24A (14") hatchet. Used in rusty condition they sit on fleabay at $10 to $20. In unrusty but worn handle condition, they sit on fleabay for $15 to $35.

New online or at home depot, they run about $35 new.

IF the knife is actually stamped "ESTWING", past fleabay history has the bird and trouts go for $10 to $35.

The axe/kife sets NIP have gone for as little as $46 (a really cheap BIN auction) up to $185. That's pristine, in box w/ plastic cover intact.

Used, the sets seem to go for $35 to $60, depending on condition and who's buying that week.
Sut Tatersaul

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Thanks for your information, ZZ, I didn't think the monitory value would be much, but I'm having to stop doing the things important to me, and this helps me get through the process.
Sut Tatersaul
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I picked up an Estwing Sportsman awhile back only because I had never seen one before. Great little knife and I think it was $15. don't think it is the original sheath but it fits nicely.
Attachments
EstwingSportsman2016-15 001.jpg
EstwingSportsman2016-15 002.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”