Canal Street Knife Identification

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Dick Durango

Canal Street Knife Identification

Post by Dick Durango »

Anyone on this forum familiar with this Canal Street Knife? I assume it is a sleeveboard ring turn abalone knife, but I am unable to find a picture of this Knife anywhere on the internet. Model? Value? No paperwork or box with this particular knife. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_2334.JPG
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Canal Street Knife Identification

Post by philco »

That is a Canal Street abalone (paua shell) ring turn knife. I can't tell a lot about the condition of the knife from your photo but in like new condition that knife might fetch a pretty decent price. The last one I recall seeing sell on ebay brought $145 but that was nearly a year ago and prices have increased some since then. If the knife were in like new condition in the box I'd expect it to bring at least $160 and if two bidders got hot on it the price could be considerably higher than that. Does your knife appear to have been used and/or re-sharpened ? Are there any dings or scratches on blades, handles, or bolsters ? Are the rings intact and unbent ? All these factors will impact the value. Not having the box and paperwork will make a difference as well.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have the CSC Ring Turner in jigged bone. I think they were a special order for BladeForums in 2007. I think they did not come in a box ?
kj
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

I love the Canal Street Ring Turns and I have 12 different ones. Too bad they had stopped making them prior to them closing the factory. They ran into an issue where their supplier of the posts that the ring is attached to decided to stop making them. Without the parts, they couldn't produce any more.

And then that sad day in November when they closed the factory doors.....

Tom
Dick Durango

Post by Dick Durango »

I won this knife on a bidding site and can't wait to get this knife in my hands. I don't think the pictures probably do the knife justice. I hear such good things about Canal Street knives. Too bad they went out of business. I was just surprised that I can find nowhere on the internet where somebody has one of these abalone ring knives from Canal Street. It has the number 179 on it so I assume it was 1 of 200 made. Wish I could find more information. Chase do you happen to have one of these? Ever seen one?
Thanks Everyone.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

I do in fact have that one and she is nice! I have most of the different handled ones that Canal Street made. As Phil stated above, these usually garner a good price because there just aren't that many around.

Tom

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”