Case xxx 2032 chromium

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
woodwalker

Case xxx 2032 chromium

Post by woodwalker »

Just purchased this one. Google says Meat cleaver? Anyone know anything about it? Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20170719_151850.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case xxx 2032 chromium

Post by treefarmer »

woodwalker,
I'm going to make a guess that your Case 2032 started out as a cleaver. Case 2032 cleavers are shown on the internet and appear to be regular house hold size cleavers with a hole near the end of the blade. I could see how yours may have been reshaped to its present configuration.
Just a guess. ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

FWIW, Case applied chrome plating to hunting knives from mid-1930s until 1982-83. Not sure if chrome plating of Case kitchen cutlery corresponds to those same dates or not. ::shrug:: In case you haven't found it, there's a sub-forum for kitchen cutlery here viewforum.php?f=41. So you might post it over there also, as there may be some kitchen knife experts who will see it there but not look here.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Thanks guys for the responses. Treefarmer I think you are right. Got it at a local flea market for a couple of bucks. Handle broke up pretty good. Ken I will take a better pic and move it over to kitchen cutlery. Thanks a bunch!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”