Case tested Coke bottle knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
58chevy348

Case tested Coke bottle knife

Post by 58chevy348 »

I think I got a real deal when I purchased this knife a couple of years ago. This knife was purchased at an online auction (not eBay). The auctioneer failed to post an image to accompany the description. The description stated the item for sale was a Case jack knife and had very little details given. When the knife arrived and I opened the package, I couldn't believe my eyes. I had rolled the dice and bid $35.00 blindly for a Case "jack knife" and this is what I got!
Stakeknife

Re: Case tested Coke bottle knife

Post by Stakeknife »

1920-1940
It's in great shape. Wow you are one lucky guy!

:wink:
NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject. Our forefathers knew this to be true..... Why do so many of us question their wisdom?
espn77

Post by espn77 »

That's awesome. I need a story like that.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

58chevy, Your Case Tested XX C61050 (Cokebottle) is a beautiful old Case knife! In another post you asked about the bomb shield. Your Cokebottle has a "bow tie” shield with raised lettering. This indicates an early Tested era knife. I believe the long tail "C" mark that stops under the 'E" also indicates early.

From what I can tell by looking at the pictures, your knife is a fine example! There is no pocket wear on the shield or handles, the blade is full, the blade tip is pointy, and the handles are gorgeous old Case green bone. The blade does look to have some micro pitting which probably comes from the knife sitting in a drawer or box for a long time without being maintained properly. Congratulations! - especially at the price you acquired.
58chevy348

Post by 58chevy348 »

Thanks guys. I definitely think that was a once in a lifetime thing. Doubt it will happen again! This is one of my very best knives in my collection.
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

careful there 58 . . . . that could be a
considered a generic rooskie.. :lol: :lol:

HET !!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”