Obsidian or Absurdium ?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Obsidian or Absurdium ?

Post by orvet »

I think so. It is definately steel.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Sut Tatersaul

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Hi, All:
This thread reminds me of a long forgotten knife type, that I always wanted to acquire. I always wanted a complete knife, made from knapped flint, or obsidian. I have watched flint knappers in many parts of the USA, and Alaska, making knife blades, spear & arrow points, and other tools, and was amazed at their skills, and vowed to someday get a complete knife made, to complete my meager collection of Indian artifacts. Well, as so many plans do, that one fell by the wayside, and now that I'm too old to follow through with having a knife made, I'd still like to have one made. Any suggestions on what maker would be the best to deal with? Thanks.
Sut Tatersaul
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
Sut Tatersaul

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Is the Kenny Hull mentioned on this forum still making flint, and obsidian knives? I would like to have one made, but can't seem to find information on Kenny Hall, mentioned on this forum. Anyone know how to get in touch with him? Help needed for this old block headed "poop". Thanks.
Sut Tatersaul
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Sut, go to ebay.com and search "obsidian" and it will bring up knives similar to mine and said to be made by "Kenny Hull".
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”