Age of this Krusius Brothers Knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
donjr

Age of this Krusius Brothers Knife

Post by donjr »

Can anyone help me with the age of this Krusius Brothers Knife, or the history of the Krusius Brothers Knife Co.? In my research, I have not found any history, a few Knives for sale, and lots of Straight Razors for sale. Any help would Greatly Appreciated! Thanks in advance for all that reply! donjr
Attachments
004.JPG
008.JPG
012.JPG
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Age of this Krusius Brothers Knife

Post by peanut740 »

Goins shows that mark was used c 1856-1983.A very long time.From the construction I would say it was it was pre 1930 but that is just a guess.It appears to have horn handles.
Roger
dcgm4

Post by dcgm4 »

Nice knife. I think Roger has it right. The blades look like carbon steel, so it's unlikely to be from the later years. And as Roger said the construction looks vintage.
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
donjr

Post by donjr »

Thanks so Much for the info!! donjr
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

In the 1980's a USA businessman (likely James Parker) purchased all the left over parts in the closed Krusius factory from the elderly sisters who were the owners of Krusius. Cutlers were then employed to assemble the parts into completed knives. You can spot these 'post-Krusius' knives because they look new, newer even than a mint vintage example.
I do not consider knives made after the factory closed to be true Krusius knives.
This has nothing to do with the O.P. knife which clearly is of some age, true vintage.
kj
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

I have a 3 1/4 inch knife marked... Krusius Cutlery Corporation Germany...on both blades....beautiful handles with birds-eye brads.. I've haven't found any information on this stamp...anything would be helpful! ::tu::
Attachments
SAM_0931.JPG
SAM_0929.JPG
SAM_0930.JPG
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It is definitely an 'older' Krusius. Handles are so called "French Ivory" which likely is a celluloid, but i have never seen this commonly used handle material break down and off gas. More likely from before WW II than after.
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”